Um, Anyone Read The Series Of Articles In Dogs Vic Magazine?

Arya

Actually, I do wonder sometimes what people think when I train my dog with a bit of hose as I truly have seen a couple of people frown at me, as if I am a cruel trainer.

Oh come on Arya - WE all know the truth of what kind of a trainer you are!!! I bet that is how you got your Novice pass and 1st isn't it!!! Belting her with a hose!!!! :laugh: ;) :cry: :cry:

I can't think of a reason Tangwyn - in Agility dogs are run 'naked' coz they can't have tags on their collars for safety reasons - so running off can't be the *only* reason?!?!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I do wonder sometimes what people think when I train my dog with a bit of hose as I truly have seen a couple of people frown at me, as if I am a cruel trainer.

Oh come on Arya - WE all know the truth of what kind of a trainer you are!!! I bet that is how you got your Novice pass and 1st isn't it!!! Belting her with a hose!!!! ;) :cry: :cry: :)

SHHH LP, OH NO, MY DREADFUL SECRET IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: Actually, nope, it's the old tyre lever behind the car that works every time :(

I can't think of a reason Tangwyn - in Agility dogs are run 'naked' coz they can't have tags on their collars for safety reasons - so running off can't be the *only* reason?!?!

Yeah, come to think of it that is true, isn't it! Perhaps nobody's ever thought to suggest removing the collars before. I think it would be good :p

My last obedience trial in novice when we got to off lead heeling the judge said remove your lead. I took the collar off too out of habit and the judge nearly had heart failure LOL. I had to put the collar back on.

My last obedience trial in novice when we got to off lead heeling the judge said remove your lead. I took the collar off too out of habit and the judge nearly had heart failure LOL. I had to put the collar back on.

Ha! Ha! I run the same risk I'm afraid. In Retrieving Trials dogs aren't permitted to wear a collar either - its habit to work the dog "nude" and I'm used to taking it all off and handing it to the steward :)