Polaramine In Dogs

kymbo

My dogs have been attacked by wasps ( paper wasps) on their faces and possibly the pups front legs as well ( papillons)

I am sure I have read here that you can give dogs polaramine, so I googled and found a site with the dosage rate etc, and a lot of other sites also that support giving polaramine. I was concerned about the pups age though ( 8 weeks) so I also rang my vet about what to give if anything, and she said that polaramine is not recognised for dogs so they cant recommend it. My main concern was a reaction/ swelling that compramised their airways. The vet said it was rare, and if it was going to happen, it would within 30- 60 mins.

I have decided just to watch the dogs for the moment and the vet is on standby for the next hour knowing I might come in if neccessary. They have both settled down now, and the tears have all stopped ( they were crying rivers :hug: ), and the yelping and running away because of hurties has also stopped.

Can anyone tell me if their vets have recommended Polaramine? I would like to know if they have, just for my own information, as I was sure someone here uses Polaramine for their dogs.

This is the site I was looking at :

http://www.ingleburnvet.com.au/antihistamines.htm

Edited by kymbo

Thanks for the imput and link...both have settled with no need to give anything, and the wasp nest is RIP. Both are back to normal :(

...look at poor frodos eyes though...they are normal now, but at the time they were watering like anything and swollen kinda :eek:

183_8344.jpg

normally they are like this VVVV

frowhome-1.jpg