Training A Chook For Stand For Exam

Show chooks are trained to stand for inspection (at least, sort of - the better ones stand up and don't try to get away). We've had some very tame chooks here, too. IMO you could certainly do it with clicker training.

Edited by sidoney

Check out clicker training...and yes...you can clicker train a chook to do a stand for exam - i accidently trained a chook the 'leave' command regarding food...you could put food down in front of her and she'd look at you until you said she could eat it...then she'd scoff it ;)

Perhaps she was an odd chook...but she would lay her egg at exactly the same time each day....didn't matter what she was doing - when it hit 11am she'd hurry off to the BBQ jump in and lay her egg...then hop out and head back to what she had been doing :thumbsup:

Edited by KitKat

Perhaps she was an odd chook...but she would lay her egg at exactly the same time each day....didn't matter what she was doing - when it hit 11am she'd hurry off to the BBQ jump in and lay her egg...then hop out and head back to what she had been doing :confused:

BBQ Chicken?????

Or fried egg????

Which came first? :laugh:

:thumbsup:

Depends on how hot it was :laugh: Not to mention she was a terrible mother and would just as often lay the egg standing up and let it crack open on the BBQ plate :thumbsup::confused:

:laugh:

Had a pet duck ("Sir Lance A-Luck Van Ducksy") when I was a kid. She layed soft-shelled eggs. We did feed her shell-grit, but she insisted on soft-shells. I figure she knew which was the better end of the stick .....

..... we used to have to peel the eggs open when we used them for cooking, rather than crack them.

But unlike your chook, she was a good Mum. And a great companion. And a dag ......