Good Vet In Melb. For Giant Breeds?

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good vet in the Melbourne - preferably Sth/M'ton Penin. way that has experience with giant breeds. I am looking at getting my nearly 6 month old Newfie the chop (he winces when I say that out loud :( ). My vet in Darwin also found he had a hernia in his belly button from the umbilicle chord and advised getting this fixed at the same time (sorry, not great with medical terms! It's written down in his folder, which isn't here at work!).

He's not getting it done at his regular vet here in Broome as we will be in Melb. for a while over xmas/new year period where he can rest.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I highly recommend Ray Ferguson and Mark Foley at Monash Veterinary Clinic, I can't say they're the best vets in Melbourne because of course I haven't been to them all, but I can say that I've been going there for years and I am very, very happy with them. I have to travel nearly an hour to get there, but it's well worth it, they really are excellent :thumbsup:

We have had numerous Newfs hip/elbow x-rayed at Monash and they are excellent with the giants.

I am in the Dandenong ranges area and have a wonderful vet clinic that deals with a LOT of Newfs if you are prepared to travel a little.......PM me if you want the info, but I'd happily go to Monash with any of my Newfs.

• 2 weeks later...
I highly recommend Ray Ferguson and Mark Foley at Monash Veterinary Clinic, I can't say they're the best vets in Melbourne because of course I haven't been to them all, but I can say that I've been going there for years and I am very, very happy with them. I have to travel nearly an hour to get there, but it's well worth it, they really are excellent :D

I knew someone who went to Monash Vet Clinic, there pup was overdosed with ACP and died, however one of my friends goes to monash and will never go anywhere else! To be honest though, you NEVER know how good a vet is until you have worked behind the scenes!

Fitzroy Vet Clinic is a good one and so is Avondale Heights Vet clinic.