Clicker Trick People..?

ReXy

ok our club has set up a clicker challenge for over the summer break

need to teach your dog to do a obedience move or trick they dont already know using clicker training.

a fun way to introduce people into clicker training..

soo im trying to think of an easy trick or move to teach remy (stafford) for the challenge.

i was thinking walking backwards as he has very little knowledge of his back end.lol so it would be a good one to do with him

so where do i start???

also an easy trick would be good too. he knows

wave

shake

high 5 ..10

trying to get him to roll over he just wont do it..lol he started to when he was younger but now has just lost it..lol

I am teaching my dog to march on the spot and it has been quite easy.

If they can shake hands with both legs, give each paw a name like 'paw' and 'tap'

With the dog in front of you gradually change the cue so the dog lifts it's leg when you lift your leg. When they are good at it, try it from the heel position. The end result will be that you and the dog are marching on the spot.

Your dog should get it easily as he can already lift his paws. :coffee:

If they can shake hands with both legs, give each paw a name like 'paw' and 'tap'

With the dog in front of you gradually change the cue so the dog lifts it's leg when you lift your leg. When they are good at it, try it from the heel position. The end result will be that you and the dog are marching on the spot.

Your dog should get it easily as he can already lift his paws. :coffee:

ahhhh thats a good one, he will sometimes lift his paw in the hope for something good to come..loland we have been practising the (other) paw.. as he was very one sided..

good one thanxs pax..

Your dog should get it easily as he can already lift his paws. :D

ahhhh thats a good one, he will sometimes lift his paw in the hope for something good to come..loland we have been practising the (other) paw.. as he was very one sided..

good one thanxs pax..

Hi. I am new to this site, signed up some time ago then lost it. LOL. I like the sound of this trick and maybe I can use it on my 3 sheep dogs and teach them to 'stomp' back at the sheep.lol.

Retrieving the tissue out of the box is always a cute one, command is you sneezing.

If you have a portable keyboard another cute one is to teach a nose touch so he plays the piano.

Or another - make a sign with the word sit, the dog reads the sign and sits (hold the sign down for the dog to see, the dog learns to sit when you raise the sign, just like luring a puppy sit

Edited by helen

i was thinking walking backwards as he has very little knowledge of his back end.lol so it would be a good one to do with him

Hi

Walking backwards takes no time at all.

Have your dog in a stand in front of you & take a small step into them, click as they step back & reward in between their front legs.

As the dog starts to do bigger steps you do not move off your spot & you throw the food between the dogs front legs so that it has to step back to get the food & you click as it does this.

Good luck

Smithies Rule

ps, there is also crawling, weave between your legs, figure 8 between your legs, get dog to bow - these can all be done using a target stick.