Hydrobath Ccompany In Liquidation

poodlemum

Had a call from the finance company a while ago - the company from which we ordered our hydrobath has gone in voluntary administration. The Finance co has been invoiced & paid for the bath but if it hasn't been manufactured yet we miss out all 'round - no bath & we still have to make the payments! Has anyone else had this experience and, if so, what did they do? Maybe I should have posted this on off topic and if that is the case I apologise.

Hey Darl

I posted a copy of the Administrators Sale advertisement in the General Section - give them a call and be strong, demand the product you ordered & paid for via the finance company. Surely they can do something - dont' take it laying down will you ...

Good Luck !!

If the company was still trading and selling products while they where in talks with a liquadator it is illegal

Had a similar thing happen at work recently, we fought and won and got paid

I would be following this through, contacting Dept of Fair Trade to see where you stand

Rang today & actually spoke to the Administrator - very nice, helpful lady. She seemed to think that we could not be forced to go ahead with the lease agreement. as we never signed for the equipment - great relief. Certainly, in the light of day. I think that if the Finance co. paid out for equipment which had not even been manufactured, let alone delivered, it's just bad luck for them.I have written them a letter asking them to cancel the agreement on that ground and have got onto my bank to stop any direct debits in the meantime. She told me there was no money in the bank account and that the former owner would not be playing any part in the future of the company (translation - he's a lying slimeball!). We also paid for a couple of items & she's going to see if they can be sent (if there is stock)

Rang today & actually spoke to the Administrator - very nice, helpful lady. She seemed to think that we could not be forced to go ahead with the lease agreement. as we never signed for the equipment - great relief. Certainly, in the light of day. I think that if the Finance co. paid out for equipment which had not even been manufactured, let alone delivered, it's just bad luck for them.I have written them a letter asking them to cancel the agreement on that ground and have got onto my bank to stop any direct debits in the meantime. She told me there was no money in the bank account and that the former owner would not be playing any part in the future of the company (translation - he's a lying slimeball!). We also paid for a couple of items & she's going to see if they can be sent (if there is stock)

Lying Slimball !! Oh Yeah .... I am so sorry for those who have been caught up (we were actually suppose to be 'friends' with the snake so I feel even stupider - is that such a word? hahahaha)

Fingers crossed you're off the hook with the finance company - I had personally thought that it 'should' be the case - they should be out of pocket not you - but not knowing the legalities of this kind of thing I didn't want to add unfounded opinions.

I think the PIAA Melbourne Trade Expo was a last ditch attempt ....... clearly didn't pay off for them.

oh no! I thought everyone here raved about them.

I am breathing a sigh of relief though as my bath is not by them (its still under warranty).

hmm...their website is still up and running.

Edited by Ari

Ari - The Administrator is trying to keep the business going as much as possible, but they won't be manufacturing any more hydrobaths, as the materials are too expensive to buy. They had a stand at the PIAA Expo in Melbourne and had a VERY nice, professional-looking set-up there - obviously designed to lure the mugs l(like us) into buying or leasing a new hydrobath. No wonder he was so generous with the "extras" and free freight - he knew he would never have to deliver!

Ari - The Administrator is trying to keep the business going as much as possible, but they won't be manufacturing any more hydrobaths, as the materials are too expensive to buy. They had a stand at the PIAA Expo in Melbourne and had a VERY nice, professional-looking set-up there - obviously designed to lure the mugs l(like us) into buying or leasing a new hydrobath. No wonder he was so generous with the "extras" and free freight - he knew he would never have to deliver!

It was the same setup as the one WE did in Brisbane last year .. except I think there fibreglass ramps & that ugly looking, wet dog on the enormous poster ... :shrug: :cool:

Yeah their website looks nice and professional too.

I haven't been to the expo for a couple of years. Last time I went it didn't seem to have many grooming stands.

Website is a template found on the net and some company in WA were doing all the work.

Found this on there website :shrug:

How we took a great product and put plans into place to make the best....

The backbone of any business is listening to the needs of the person who ends up ultimately paying the bills - the customer.

For many years Conmurra Hydrobaths made one of the best Hydrobaths on the market - and through feedback the previous owners continued to improve upon the baths however the feedback often did not fit right with the manufacturing process so ultimately the ideas and comments passed on by clients where simply filed away.

Upon the acquisition of the business formally known as Conmurra Hydrobaths in Salisbury Queensland - changes where instantly put into place so that any feedback on making future improvements where more than just heard they where actioned upon.

Since we took on the goodwill, customers and ultimately the manufacturing processes Hydrobaths Australia has taken what is essentially one of Australia’s most renowned Hydrobaths and turned it into something our customers have been asking for quite a while.

dogs in hydrobaths - who would have thought!

Since September 2006 we have researched and developed some interesting solutions our baths drastically required and with every bath produced we are in a stronger position to ensure that as time goes on we continue to develop better solutions specifically aimed at each individual client.

Our passion is baths and together with each individuals needs we look upon creating individual solutions suited to more than just our manufacturing process.

Our manufacturing lead time required to produce a bath has blown out simply because our guys in the factory are building a better bath with a heap more options.

If Hydrobaths Australia is to survive then it is important to see that our business model relies on more than simply selling a bath of a glossy brochure.

Customisation is on of the key areas we wanted to improve upon. Ideally we need to sit down and discuss your needs and come up with a solution that fits your ideas and then with careful consultation the manufacturing nuts and bolts can be achieved.

In essence lets listen to what it i you need and not the other way around.

From and R&D perspective we have made close to 43 changes to our baths - a lot are not seen and some are dubbed 'What a great idea' so take time out to explore the possibilities further toady.

From extended rinse tanks, to better wheel bases and custom colours there is sure to be a solution suited to your set up.

You'd be suprised just how many 'why did they not think of that sooner' comments are coming our way.

Ask us about some if the improvements or indeed have a read through some of our custom info kits to see just how far we have progressed with our end manufactured product.

pffft.

What a shame, sorry you have to go through this Poodlemum.

It was the same setup as the one WE did in Brisbane last year .. except I think there fibreglass ramps & that ugly looking, wet dog on the enormous poster ... :shrug: :cool:

Yeah their website looks nice and professional too.

I haven't been to the expo for a couple of years. Last time I went it didn't seem to have many grooming stands.

Website is a template found on the net and some company in WA were doing all the work.

Can't say I noticed he poster dog! Too busy looking at the hydrobath & grooming table - are you still in the business? PM me

What a shame a long standing quality company like Conmura Hydrobaths has been put under so quickly by the new purchaser. I believe Conmurra were bought out by the chap who ran Perfect Paws in Perth. Whether they still own Perfect Paws or sold it at that time I don't know but I think when they bought out Conmurra they renamed it Hydrobaths Australia. My hydrobath came from Conmurra before being bought out about a year ago and I was so impressed with the service then. Such a shame when someone brings down a long standing company like this in only just over a year.

You are correct. The fella that started Perfect Paws is the fella who has just run Hydrobaths Australia into the ground.

He brought in a business partner for Perfect Paws - then convinced him to shell out some more $$$ and they BOTH bought Conmurra which was changed to Hydrobaths Australia the day of settlement (how do I know this?? I was physically there)

Perfect Paws is now wholy owned by the business partner who was burnt in the deal and HA is/was the responsibility of ... *the man I am not allowed to name*

Perfect Paws is in great hands, a VERY responsible, ETHICAL, reliable Boarding Kennel Owner (ask Bommy her dogs are there now) who breeds, shows and LOVES their dogs (unlike Mr One Dog wonder) and the new bath they are producing over in WA is freeking fantastic in both quality & innovation.

Please don't let the actions of *he who shall not be named* be held against Perfect Paws as he has nothing to do with the operations of that business and hasn't done for some months now.

• 3 months later...
Had a call from the finance company a while ago - the company from which we ordered our hydrobath has gone in voluntary administration. The Finance co has been invoiced & paid for the bath but if it hasn't been manufactured yet we miss out all 'round - no bath & we still have to make the payments! Has anyone else had this experience and, if so, what did they do? Maybe I should have posted this on off topic and if that is the case I apologise.