Hydrobath Recommendations

rrlover

Hi

I am starting to look around for a hydrobath for our Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on which ones to stay away from.

We are near Brisbane.

Would love to hear from people that love their hydrobaths and also from those that hate theirs (if any).

• 2 weeks later...

My Perfect Paws single tank autofill bath turned up last Sunday - and it looks fantastic. :cool:

Marshall at Perfect Paws has been great, very helpful with all my questions as I have never used one before. The bath looks fantastic, I haven't used it yet as our barn is still being built so won't for another few months - DOH! I know alot of people on DOL recommend Perfect Paws.

Mine is from Liberty International. in Somerville Victoria. I love it and would get another if I was to up date it. I am a groomer and it has been very well worked. Twin tank, both heated. They do non heated too and single tanks.

I chose this one because it is like having a bath then having a shower to rinse all the bath water off. Ideal for very dirty dogs, or flea /skin problems because the rinse water is all fresh water. Not a cheap bath but so worth it. I have seen others and will stick with this one.

What are you looking for.

Plastic scratches and scars and can crack - don't know if it can be repaired.

Fiberglass can crack / chip but can be repaired - these are thick. (mine is fiberglass - no repairs needed)

Do you need heated model or do you have hot water avail. This will save half the cost of a heated model.

Do you want a single tank - I would prefer a rinse tank to clean the dog properly.

Do you want a twin tank. -Some twin tanks have small tanks - Mine has a large wash tank and the rinse tank will rinse of 4 -6 small dogs or 2 -3 large dogs. Or 1 for a very dirty large long hair dog in need of a good rinse - Newfoundland is a good example.

I will often bath my Rottweiler with our Matlese and Pug to save water. They all fit without being squashed. This will be one full wash tank and the rinse tank for all three dogs. It's a bit tricky but we manage. No complaints from them, they are used to it.

Edited by Lisa M

I have a Conmurra single tank. They have sold out and the new people trade under a different name.

The only thing I do not like about mine is it does not have a flat floor around the tank. rather than a hinged flap that you lift up, the whole cover lives up. And accordingly there is a lip around the tank. Makes it a little harder to clean at the end of the day.

It is fibreglass so yes if you listen to the others they can crack. But like someone else has said, they can be repaired. It comes down to how well you look after it too. If you are the type of person who uses and abuses equipment, then it will reflect that. I have had mine now for about 5 years and it has not cracked. It has even survived a move from my place to the other half's and back again.

Plastic ones can scratch, and bacteria can live in the scratches.

It is personal preference on what you prefer and your budget.

Mine is not autofill, however a hose fitting with those trigger nozzles does the job well. Mine is heated, but they take about 10 minutes to heat... Quicker to get a bucket of hot water from the laundry tub and pour into the tank to speed things along. Mind you by the time you groom the dog, clip nails etc.. The bath is nearly heated.

Do you want a single tank - I would prefer a rinse tank to clean the dog properly.

My Perfect Paws single tank attaches to normal hot & cold laundry taps and has a rinse function as well - so you don't need twin tanks to rinse properly.

Fair enough.

Mine was set up with the extra holding tank because I was mobile for a few years.

If you have access to running hot/cold water then it is much cheaper to buy a bath without the extra holding tank and heating elements.