Grooming A Ckcs

cleo

I use the furminator on Cleo everyday and OH vacuums everyday or every alternate days, but we are still drowing in cavvy fur!!! I would have thought my poor girl be bald by now being furminated everyday.

Will professional groomers be able to remove the undercoat more efficiently than what I am currently doing with the furminator?

Thanks!!

Edited by cleo

A professional hydrobath and force dry (like a super blow dry) afterwards should help remove any dead coat.

Brush right down to the skin i.e. part fur with one hand, brush with other, and comb through afterwards to remove any knots.

Is the furminator suited to the cav. coat? I'm not sure they're meant to be used every day :noidea: .

Perhaps the cav people can recommend all the right equipment for you, if your breeder hasn't already?

Have u tried a MARS coat stripper I have cockers & find it does a much better job ; but still have shedding coats;the mars stripper is not to be used every day though; it is for removing only the dead coat I find it much more efficent than ; the furminator &it will stop stripping when all dead coat is removed ;so you cant over do it!

I dont have cavaliers but I can tell you that using both the furminator and the coat king has been the best solution for Delta. I wouldn't do it every day though. She loves being brushed with the coat king but doesnt particularly like the furminator so I switch between the 2. I usually spend a few hours every couple of weekends removing a few bins full of fur and it stops it ending up elsewhere (unlike Charlie's fur- that stuff ends up in packets I haven't even opened yet!).

I found the Furminator didn't suit Cavalier coats at all. I gave mine to my daughter for her cat. The Mars Coat King does a great job but definitely not daily. You can buy a rubber mitt from a cheapie shop for a few dollars that are good for gathering loose hair and the dogs generally enjoy being rubbed over with them. It is also handy for picking hair up from carpet! It wouldn't matter how often you used the mitt on her. As much as you groom her you will still find hair about the house - they do moult quite a bit.