Adobe Bridge Stars

Ripley

I've just loaded up every one of my photos from my CF card into Adobe and to view them I have chosen Adobe Bridge after kja mentioned it. Otherwise I can't view my RAW photos, just the jpeg ones.

Some of the photos have 4 or 5 stars on them - does anyone know what this means? I've viewed those photos but haven't edited them. Very confusing.

They're generally ratings that you yourself apply to the pics. Then you can search for your faves based on how many stars they have. You can also assign keywords.

If they've just appeared from nowhere I'm not really sure why :(

[PS Welcome back!]

Are you sure they are actually marked? Sometimes if your mouse is rolled over them they can be sensitive and look like they are marked, but they really aren't!

It's easy to remove the ratings - when viewing all the thumbs, select all and set no rating - there are drop down menus across the top that will let you do this.

I like adding keywords, but I suck at actually remembering to do it :rofl:

I'll often use the stars and or colour ratings for prioritizing images...when I first import, I'll zoom through the images and mark all the ones that are hitting the web ASAP with purple, for instance. Then when I'm done, I click the purple filter, select all and export for web (this is in lightroom, but works pretty much the same in PS - you just batch them).