A Little Brag!

pebbles

I've been working on Jedda's recall and being a sight hound I really don't have much confidence in it, specially with all the rabbit scents around here. I've been letting her loose on a long trailing lead in a fairly confined area and she would come reasonably well to a treat. Tonight we went for our usual walk along a mile long track and being so cool she was eager to run so - bit the bullet and let her loose. She took off flat out and I had visions of a white and black flash vanishing into the distance. I let her run a fair way then yelled "Jedda, come". She did an about turn and came straight back!!!! Lots of praise but I didn't have her treat so felt mean about that. Put her back on lead for a while then let her off again on the way back towards the car, let her run ahead and when she got near the car I yelled "in the car" and she jumped in and was waiting for me. My heart is still thumping and I don't know when I'll be that brave to try again, lol. Not very newsworthy but I had to tell someone :)

eta - not really a problem.

Edited by pebbles

Sounds great!! Congratulations!! :)

It's such a nice feeling when the dog responds to you, on the first time! Lots of warm fuzzies!! ;)

Pepper lately has been really attentive when I call her name. Mind you, she's not so responsive to the command that comes after her name!!! :)

I've been working on Jedda's recall and being a sight hound I really don't have much confidence in it, specially with all the rabbit scents around here. I've been letting her loose on a long trailing lead in a fairly confined area and she would come reasonably well to a treat. Tonight we went for our usual walk along a mile long track and being so cool she was eager to run so - bit the bullet and let her loose. She took off flat out and I had visions of a white and black flash vanishing into the distance. I let her run a fair way then yelled "Jedda, come". She did an about turn and came straight back!!!! Lots of praise but I didn't have her treat so felt mean about that. Put her back on lead for a while then let her off again on the way back towards the car, let her run ahead and when she got near the car I yelled "in the car" and she jumped in and was waiting for me. My heart is still thumping and I don't know when I'll be that brave to try again, lol. Not very newsworthy but I had to tell someone ;)

eta - not really a problem.

wow sounds like you's are going great guns, terrific work! :)