Oscar's New High Jump

Ok............I finally got off my bum and made Oscar a high jump for learning Open obedience work and beyond. Just needs a lick of paint to finish it off, but I gave it a test run this morning and took some pics.

The uprights are made of aluminum angle and channel, and the fill in's are pine. The materials cost about $200 (including the boards not pictured).

Jan2008001.jpg

Base board retaining bolts

Jan2008003.jpg

End view of base board

Jan2008013.jpg

Test run!

Jan2008012.jpg

Just for aww factor

Jan2008029.jpg

Edited by dogdude

Hi Rexy :thumbsup: Pups training is going great. O.H has her dropping, and moving into heel position with great unbroken focus, which she can hold for several minutes. Her training is only T.O.T based atm at home, but Laura has obviously done some loose lead walking work with her, because she is great on lead while on her walks.

I really cant work out where the dog is getting her reference point for the heel position though, because O.H looks like the Goodyear Blimp atm, due to give birth on Easter Sunday. :laugh:

Hi Prodigybxr! Fits in the crumbledoore ok :( Hows that Open training going? I have done no group stay practice at all yet. Probably see you at FOO soon ? I have a feeling that I may run into drive problems towards the end of Open work. It is a fair bit longer than the Novice length of time.

Hi Pax! I would love to see pics of anyones dog equipment. My broad jump atm is two rotten fence palings held in a semi upright postion with broken bricks lol, works well.

I would like to see the High jump that your husband made. Always looking for good idea's to steal for new and improved models! :o

Hi Rexy ;) Pups training is going great. O.H has her dropping, and moving into heel position with great unbroken focus, which she can hold for several minutes. Her training is only T.O.T based atm at home, but Laura has obviously done some loose lead walking work with her, because she is great on lead while on her walks.

I really cant work out where the dog is getting her reference point for the heel position though, because O.H looks like the Goodyear Blimp atm, due to give birth on Easter Sunday. :)

Hi Prodigybxr! Fits in the crumbledoore ok :cheer: Hows that Open training going? I have done no group stay practice at all yet. Probably see you at FOO soon ? I have a feeling that I may run into drive problems towards the end of Open work. It is a fair bit longer than the Novice length of time.

Hi Pax! I would love to see pics of anyones dog equipment. My broad jump atm is two rotten fence palings held in a semi upright postion with broken bricks lol, works well.

I would like to see the High jump that your husband made. Always looking for good idea's to steal for new and improved models! :)

awsome stuff dogdude..

yeah i know she did do some work with her i saw her at club the last day and pup was very good, quick learner

now for some updated pics pleaseeeeeeee

Hi Prodigybxr! Fits in the crumbledoore ok :cheer: Hows that Open training going? I have done no group stay practice at all yet. Probably see you at FOO soon ? I have a feeling that I may run into drive problems towards the end of Open work. It is a fair bit longer than the Novice length of time.

Not telling ;) :cheer::):)

Yep, will try make it to March FOO- see you there :cheer:

Nice jump Pax! Hubby done well! Great pic by the way too. :)

ReXy: Will try to get some more in the morning :cry: :D I did post a recent one in the Stafford thread. She is going through another growth spurt, and is a little all over the place atm.

JulesP: Hi! I did actually purchase one length of alloy that was a slightly different size and wasted $30 but shhhhh! Wife sitting just behind me!

Prodigy: Umm.......Which trials do you plan to enter?? :p (looks for pencil used to scratch entries) :p