What Kind Of Behaviour Is This?

ish

This is Checa, my 26 month old entire GSD bitch and her rattleball (its some kind of Aussie dog toy - its supposed to hang on a rope but its gets more use this way!)

She is obsessed with it. As long as she is outside, she has the rattleball. I'm particularly curious about the tunnelling of the ball between her legs and the squealing at it - what kind of behaviour is this? She will also run around it in big circles for ages while staring at it, as if she's waiting for it to move - she did this for months before she started picking it up and carrying it around.

This video is from Chirstmas time

This video is from today, as is the hole she's dug. She dug the hole first and then took the rattleball to the hole

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/blakn...-01-08_1718.flv

Edited by ish

Guest Piximatosis

I think everyone's just too afraid to tell you that unfortunately it means she is irreversibly damaged and must be sent far, far away. Interstate even. Hey, Sydney's far enough. Because I'm a kind friend, I'll let you send her here. The GSD Asylum.

LOL - she certainly seems a little obsessed with it ;)

I'd take a guess that she's trying to make it shut up.. That noise would certainly make me wanna bury it :):)

You should be pleased that you've found her a toy that keeps her amused for so long!