Hydrobaths

Russkie30

Ok. Well I'm not so panicked now. :angel: Hydrobaths Australia (new owners) have just phoned me back to assure me that they will still be up and running. They will incorporate Conmurra Baths with their exisiting Fidos Baths. So future Conmurra Hyrdobaths will not be a problem, but more importantly spare parts aren't an issue.

She also disagreed with the 4 year life span saying she knows plenty of people with baths 10+ years old. So, I am going to stick with my trusty Conmurra!

To the OP, sorry for the Hijack! But maybe it has helped you somewhat as Conmurra Baths are fibreglass and very reasonably priced at almost half what Perfect Paws are but the same features.

So is that the new owners as in that Jose fellow that is still running Hydrobaths Australia or has it been taken over by someone else. I don't know I get worried when you hear that they are in liquidation like one week and that they are up and running again another week, but yes thanks for the information much appreciated, if that is the case I will look at those guys as well

Edited by Russkie30

Ok. Well I'm not so panicked now. :laugh: Hydrobaths Australia (new owners) have just phoned me back to assure me that they will still be up and running. They will incorporate Conmurra Baths with their exisiting Fidos Baths. So future Conmurra Hyrdobaths will not be a problem, but more importantly spare parts aren't an issue.

She also disagreed with the 4 year life span saying she knows plenty of people with baths 10+ years old. So, I am going to stick with my trusty Conmurra!

To the OP, sorry for the Hijack! But maybe it has helped you somewhat as Conmurra Baths are fibreglass and very reasonably priced at almost half what Perfect Paws are but the same features.

Thats excellent news!

Thanks for posting!

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the info I will now check these guys out as well

I have just visited both web sites and have sent Fidos a request for more information. I hopefully will be more able to point out some of the subtle difference between some of the baths.

I own the very first Conmurra Autofill and one of the first PerfectPaws injected Autofill hydrobaths.

I have taken a picture so you can see them side by side. Note that my Conmurra has recessed corners and is about 3" lower than the Conmurra Autofills produced over the last two years including today. Both companies now manufacture their baths with aluminium bases for added strength. Mind you mine is now 8yrs old and still in perfect condition.

post-7155-1202767777_thumb.jpg

Some of the differences.

PerfectPaws baths are injected fiberglass - more fiberglass added strength. All the plumbing is screw threaded and can be replaced by the end user with parts from places like bunnings. The rinse tank is same size as wash tank not 20-30L split. When you transfer water from the rinse tank to wash tank when originally filling your bath you run out of water and have to wait for the rince tank to fill to get that little bit extra water.

The PerfectPaws bath has the dryer underneath allowing the bath to be more suited to trailer/van based operators.

The front door and channel is rounded with no gaps or sharp edges. The hose is ultra flexable with s/steal reinforcing so it can not be kinked or crushed. Most hoses used on baths get even the smallest kink, they reduce water pressure. The fiberglass skirt goes alll the way from the base to the top lip, again more fiberglass added strength and give a smooth finish.

They are joined with fiberglass glue (eg: sikaflex) not resin or bog/resin mix. Sikafles is used to attach fiberglass bumpers etc to cars.

Both baths use Davey 171 pumps, both have Ezycoat dryers both use 240V. Nuts and bolts of it come down to same pump and motors. Except PerfectPaws use nearly twice as much fiberglass and plumbing that can be changed on the side of a road with basic tools and a produce store or bunnings - no fiberglassing or glueing involved. For some operators this is a huge plus as it can be very costly to be without a bath for a week while it gets repaired.

Paying for the upgraded Davey 192 I don't believe worth it. For under $100 you can modify our existing bath with some plumbing changes and increase the rate in which your bath fills and the amount of water at the shower head.

My original conmurra I modified the intake and it can fill as fast as the water is pumped out the shower head. Then I modified the shower hose and shower head, it now outputs 6x (thats right 6x) the amount of water at the shower head. While there is more water the spray is also softer. Imagine a bucket of water thrown at you and then a 44Gal drum of water thrown at you. The 44 will wash you off your feet. It is magic on Huskies, Malies, Saints, Akitas etc. Groomers will know what I mean when you get a Mallie with heaps of flea dirt. It will reduce washing time by half at least. I have not tried this modification on a Davey 192. There was no need, a Davey 171 is capable of 171L/min and when I tested my Conmurra (still the same as the ones today) was 13-14L/min. I would love the test a Barfshop bath as they have modified shower heads also. My Conmurra and Perfectpaws bath outputs 80L/min. So a davey 192 (capable of 192L/min) I don't think is worth it.

PerfectPaws will have to do an update on the pictures on their website to reflect these new baths. As the one pictured on both sites are the same picture. These were taken for Jose the original owner of PerfectPaws and then bought hydrobaths Australia. So one company isn't copying the other the picture is about 6 years old and used by the same original owner.

Both are really great baths as is for the BarfShop baths, Australia is blessed to have three now great companies in the hydrobath industry.

I personally like the NEW PerfectPaws bath, I know where the baths stared their life and the extra bits of design that has gone into them. What is difficult is to compare and operate the baths side-by-side. I am fortunate to be able to do this and I have chosen the New Perfectpaws bath.

The PerfectPaws bath came with everything as a top of the line bath, if there was an option this bath had it. I will wait to get the New Fido's/Conmurra/Hydrobaths Australia information booklet and add up all the extra features and see the difference in price. Wouldn't expect it to be much. But the selling feature for me was that is can be repaired anywhere, whether you live in Longreach or Logan Brisbane same day by the operator with next to no down time. That alone would make it worth any extra to Hydrobath industry operators.

Anybody living in Brisbane and would like to check out my baths side by side is more than welcome.

It is a lot of money for any Hydrobath even second hand and I am more than happy to show off my baths. I also have a small Midi bath with the electric rince facility sitting in my shed (belongs to a friend).

I am not selling my Old Conmurra, can't remember how many times I have been asked.

I work shiftwork as an Engineer for Boeing (737's) and home most weekend's.

Like the saying goes "You get what you pay for".

Edited by HoundDog

She also disagreed with the 4 year life span saying she knows plenty of people with baths 10+ years old.

Yes I thought that was a little strange, friends of mine have one they bought in the 80's and it's still working well.