Joint Guard Vs Sashas Blend

rocshani

I use Technyflex for my dogs on my holistic vet's recommendation. The dog's chiro has been so impressed he's recommending it too.

It's Greenlipped Mussel - and it smells like it :rofl: but the dogs like it. Big Ted is noticeably more spry since he's been on it.

Scientific mumbo jumbo about it is on the website. One advantage of GLM over MSM/Chondrointin is it's pain killing properties.

Edited by poodlefan

Yep BG I agree - that's serious price pain level - and yet I've seen Jointguard advertised online at 94.00 for 400g - serious ouchies too. Which is why I shop around and 55.00 is by far the best price I've found.

Cheers.

Westiemum :o

From what my vet told me, MSM has the same sort of action as the Green Lipped Mussel, its a natural anti inflammatory. Without the hideous smell!

:o $95 for 360g for Glyde!! Wow that's seriously expensive!!

Tris it depends on the weight of your dog - varies from half a scoop daily for 5 - 10 kg dogs up to 2 scoops daily for over 45 kgs for the first 4-6 weeks. Then the dose drops to quarter of a scoop for 5-10kgs dogs and 1.5 scoops for over 45 kg dogs. (Other amounts for dogs in between)

For my two dogs (8 and 9 kg westies) I find a 400g tub lasts 5-6 months on the post 6 week maintenance dose.

So how big is your older girl?

Cheers,

Ed for clarity

Edited by westiemum

How much of the Joint Guard do you use? We have a lovely older girl here that needs something to help her out with her stiffness.

Jack weighs just under 30kg and is on 1.5 scoops of Joint Guard a day at the moment.

1 scoop = 5g, so 7.5g a day for six weeks (42 days) comes to about 315g of the 400g tub.

That leaves 85g of Joint Guard at one scoop per day (5g) or another 17 days.

So, roughly speaking, I'm only expecting this first tub to last about 8 weeks or maybe two full months at a stretch.

Future tubs should last 80 days for a dog of his size. Although I'm reading up on the green-lipped mussel that Poodlefan put me on to, so might switch to Technyflex later.

I have used Sasha's Blend, Joint Guard, Fish Oil and Cartrophen injections on my parents' 12 year old Border Collie and none made a difference. I now use SynFlex liquid supplement which has made an enormous difference to him. Recently we switched him back to Joint Guard as it is a bit easier to get but we saw a definite decline and we immediately reordered and put him back on SynFlex and saw an improvement in days.

I order SynFlex off a US based company Shopthezoo on ebay and have done for 2 years. It costs about $90 AUS for three bottles and it lasts ages. It always arrives within a week of ordering, their service is excellent and the difference in the dog is amazing. I swear by it - it may not work for all but it has been a saviour for the Border Collie :o .

Hi Again,

OK - an 11kg - 22kg dog on the initial first 4-6 week dose needs 1 scoop daily and on the maintenance dose post six weeks needs half a scoop daily. There are detailed directions on the pack. So on the maintenance dose a pack should last you around 160 days or 5-6 months depending on how accurate your measuring is - and assuming my maths is vaguely correct!! (Never my strong point)..

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Not sure what she weighes yet but I would guess between 10 & 20kg.