Huge Sebaceous Cyst On My Dog's Back

ricey

Hi all

Lulu, one of my three dogs developed a Mast cell tumour on her chest about three years ago. We noticed it when it was only 3mm across, our vet took out a chunk of her chest that was 100mm in diameter (she lost two of her nipples), and she did a year of chemo.

incision003.jpg

So when she developed a lump on her back in September last year, we thought the worst and took her to the vet.

Our vet said 'relax, it's just a sebaceous cyst' but said that it would probably need to be surgically removed (at around $400 :cry: ). It was around the size of a jaffa (the orange flavoured chocolate, not the the citrus fruit :cry: ).

I was grooming Lulu last Tuesday, and noticed the cyst was gone. It must have burst, but there is no scar and no infection (our vet assured us that cysts that burst almost always get infected :cry::cry: ). So we just got a free $400 to add towards a European holiday :o

ricey

ETA: Lulu is my small beige fluffy, not my pit bull type dog (Hobbes) that you can see chasing his ball in my signature.

Edited by ricey

Good news.. there must be a run on fatty deposits.. my girl Angelina is heading to thevet onTuesday to have a baseball sized fatty lipoma removed from her armpit ( legpit just does not sound right LOl)

Glad LuLu is doing well after her brush with MCT. did you get clean margins?

Cheers

Helen

Cheers

Helen

Yes we did, but we did the chemo 'just in case'.

We love our dogs and we didn't want to lose one.

Lulu handled chemo really well.

Cheers,

ricey

Ricey, I am not sure if this happens when they burst or not but my old girl who was terminally ill had one on her back and we had it completely aspirated a few times and it would come back not too long after so maybe just in case don't use the $400 as a deposit on your holiday straight away. :cheer:

Edited by bosko

Cheers

Helen

Yes we did, but we did the chemo 'just in case'.

We love our dogs and we didn't want to lose one.

Lulu handled chemo really well.

Cheers,

ricey

That is great news ricey, you must be so pleased that little Lulu is doing so well...

Ollie handled chemo really well too - we have MCT grade 2 with no clear margins but still fighting...