Vip Megabite

moggy

I am feeding my 6 month old puppy on chicken necks for breakfast and at 5pm she has VIP megabite. She also gets meaty bones a couple of times a week. Her poo is normal and according to the ingredients it is a balance diet.

Any one else use this?

Moggy

Personally I think it's crap and I wouldn't feed it to any of my dogs, but others may think differently :angel:

Yep!

The only thing I have heard about this brand is that they use 220, well known celebrity Vet on one of the morning shows many years ago trying to get the product banned due to this preservative......wonder if they still use it?

I know people that were using it & when I asked them to give the dog a break from it, they discovered the dog stopped scratching itself to pieces. The dog scratched so badly that it had to wear clothes to protect its skin a bit.

The product states no preservatives.

I am quite confused about the different products for feeding dogs. We had a dog years ago whose main diet was Goodos, he was a Chihuahua, and he lived to 15 1/2 years, never had a sick day in his life and had no vaccinations after the initial puppy shots. I am trying to find a suitable diet for my little Chi at the moment and don't really want to feed her on only dry food.

I might not be right to feed her on VIP megabite, but I figure with the raw food supplementing this diet it can't be too bad.

Moggy.

I am quite confused about the different products for feeding dogs. We had a dog years ago whose main diet was Goodos, he was a Chihuahua, and he lived to 15 1/2 years, never had a sick day in his life and had no vaccinations after the initial puppy shots. I am trying to find a suitable diet for my little Chi at the moment and

I might not be right to feed her on VIP megabite, but I figure with the raw food supplementing this diet it can't be too bad.

Moggy.

Hi,

You say=== don't really want to feed her on only dry food.

Do you have a reason for this?

Good quality dry food, with a few chicken necks for her teeth,

should be an excellent diet for a Chi.

If you select a complete diet it will have everything in it the dog

should need.

Cheers

I am quite confused about the different products for feeding dogs. We had a dog years ago whose main diet was Goodos, he was a Chihuahua, and he lived to 15 1/2 years, never had a sick day in his life and had no vaccinations after the initial puppy shots. I am trying to find a suitable diet for my little Chi at the moment and

Moggy.

Hi,

should be an excellent diet for a Chi.If you select a complete diet it will have everything in it the dog

should need.

Cheers

That's debatable.

Most of the dry foods that people call "quality" are imported from the US and although they all have their own packaging, the products are sourced from the same supplier.

What is in the food is not written on the packet. Yes, even your top brands contain certtain things that I would never want my pet to consume.

Fact:

goodies found in dry foods - road kill (possums, other dogs and bits of cats, horse by products, etc.) Some actually go as far as using sawdust as a filler. or binder.

for your little chi, feed her fresh REAL meat. It's not like you need a kilo/day, is it.

If I can locate this article, I will add a link.

Thanks to all of you for your input. Lucien's Mum I would like to see that article if you can find the link.

My daughter in law has been feeding her Maltese on VIP rolls for 8 years now and he is very healthy and happy. Her vet seemed to think this is a good product. That is why I decided to try Sophie on it. She loves it and as far as the label and their site states there are no preservatives or artificial colours in it. It also has some visible veges in it. I do give her minced steak sometimes which she gobbles with glee too.

Moggy

Moggy.

Hi,

should be an excellent diet for a Chi.If you select a complete diet it will have everything in it the dog

should need.

Cheers

That's debatable.

Most of the dry foods that people call "quality" are imported from the US and although they all have their own packaging, the products are sourced from the same supplier.

What is in the food is not written on the packet. Yes, even your top brands contain certtain things that I would never want my pet to consume.

Fact:

goodies found in dry foods - road kill (possums, other dogs and bits of cats, horse by products, etc.) Some actually go as far as using sawdust as a filler. or binder.

for your little chi, feed her fresh REAL meat. It's not like you need a kilo/day, is it.

If I can locate this article, I will add a link.

Lucien's Mum - I beg to differ on your statement regarding dry foods - there is a huge variety in dry foods ranging from type of ingredients to quality of ingredients - to compare, have a look at the ingredients of Eagle Pack Holistic and the ingredients of Supercoat, or ifyou want to compare like for like, compare EPH to another American brand, Alpo, for example, or Pedigree -

The ones with "road kill" and "sawdust" are the very low end of the dog food products, very cheap food, not super-premium - they don't even export those to Australia

Eagle Pack, for example is fully accountable for their ingredients and have their own processing plant, which in turn uses their own ingredients provided by their own suppliers.

Australian dry and wet foods also have the fillers you say American ones do, but they don't tend to be considered "quality" as you put it on either side of the world -

The super premiums available her are Nutro, Eagle Pack, Natural Balance, Innova, none of those brands were included in the pet food recall of last year -

Molly, I also would not use the VIP stuff, I know you say your previous dog did well on it, but there is better stuff available on the market these days, better quality ingredients and not so many fillers, so why not give your pup the advantage of the best possible start? The if it doesn't work well, you can work backwards -

Have a read through this website: http://www.dogfoodproject.com/ it's a lot of information, but shows you how to read labels and how to avoid nasty ingredients - a little bit of research goes a long way...

There are also a lot of very good threads regarding food in these forum alone, if you do a search, you will find a lot of good advice.

In the end, you should feed your dog whatever it does well on, there is not one food that is perfect for every dog. Having said that, if you know your ingredients and become knowledgeable about reading labels and assessing ingredients, you can make a better decision of what you wantt o feed your dogs.

Edited by Gomez the Norfolk