Cody Has A Sore Face

Poor poor Cody!

If you were by chance looking for something to stop him scratching his face, Maadi Pets (internet and several shops) has a collar type thing that blows up around their neck (no, it doesn't choke them) and they can't scratch. I think it was made for dogs with an injured paw, and the collar stops them chewing it, or stitches, etc, but might just work in reverse?? Its listed on their site under first aid.

Super purple socks though! I'd wear them, if they came in my size! :)

Thanks for the advice, Garloch. I'll definitely check it out but I have my doubts that anything inflated would stay that way with the force of Cody's scratching. He's one determined boy. :laugh:

Cody is doing much better with the collar now. He's figured out how to have a drink and has reduced the amount of crazy crashes into solid objects. I got evil stares at the vets when I took him out to the car, he crashed into the door and then the seat which caused me to laugh at him just as a family was walking into the surgery. :o

I took the cone off so Cody could have a little break. He got itchy, I told him to stop and he ignored me. His wound bled. I gave it a good soak and I think it's ok but it set back the healing by a day or three.

Paula, those collars look like they'd be worth a shot. I know Cody is fed up. He was off his food for a couple of days, tonight I fed him steak and he ate it but it was all he'd eaten for at least 24 hours.

No news on the results of his tummy biopsy yet, I have to call back tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice, Garloch. I'll definitely check it out but I have my doubts that anything inflated would stay that way with the force of Cody's scratching. He's one determined boy. :offtopic:

Cody is doing much better with the collar now. He's figured out how to have a drink and has reduced the amount of crazy crashes into solid objects. I got evil stares at the vets when I took him out to the car, he crashed into the door and then the seat which caused me to laugh at him just as a family was walking into the surgery. :rofl:

My Chloe got desexed yesterday and I asked for one of those collars! I also couldn't stop giggling at her because once she was in her crate she couldn't turn around with it on, plus she was still drowsy.

Hope Cody's feeling more up to eating soon!

Tummy biopsy?

I missed that bit earlier. Why did he have that done?

Did I forget that bit? He had a camera poked into his belly and they took biopsies because there were some red bits. It might just be ulcers.

Jillybean, thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who laughs at their dog's misfortune. :offtopic: But seriously, a few days with a crowd clearing device strapped around their head really can save them a lot of trouble.