2008 Flyball Nationals

It seems like only yesterday we were in Brisbane for last Nationals and here we are only 1 week out from the 2008 Nats.

Hope its not too hot but it is the Canberra Royal which is always hot...

When is everyone leaving and where are you staying?

Edited by wherezaball

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bank account says it WAS only yesterday we were in Brisbane (that one cost us a fortune) :offtopic:

I had a look at the weather thingo and it says 22c for Saturday and Sunday hasn't come up yet. Hopefully it won't be too hot.

http://www.eldersweather.com.au/act/southe...anberra?fc=9028

I'm leaving Ballarat very early Friday morning (and I think the rest of our team is too) and we're staying at Eaglehawk Holiday Park. Dogs aren't allowed in cabins so I'll be in a tent with the dogs.

Is anyone else staying there?

Where are you coming from wherezaball?

Edited by 2tollers

Busterlove it's only been about 8 months :D.

Good luck everyone, i hope the weather stays kind to you all. This is the first Nats i have missed in 6 years :offtopic:.

We are heading off on Wednesday (not game to fly the puppies just yet, they are still a bit soft - bloody BC's!). Staying in Port Macquarie on the way down and then staying in a B&B tram place about 20mins from the show ground.

Look forward to meeting you there.

Cheers.

Tony & Xena from the flyball fanatics.

I am leaving Friday morning, doing the coastal route and sight seeing along the way, so not expecting to be in Canberra till late.

A team-mate and i are staying in a caravan park that is apparantly only a k or two from the grounds :laugh:

We were staying out further but this place which wasnt accepting dogs opened up for the flyball dogs only (no show people :laugh:) due to lack of horse people.

Is anyone else staying there?

Where are you coming from wherezaball?

I am from Sydney (Thunderdogs) and am heading down Thursday afternoon. Only a short drive this time :laugh:

Some of us are camping at Queanbeyan, others in a motel at Queanbeyan and others in B&B's etc.

We used to always stay at Eaglewahk until they kicked the dogs from the cabins.

Weather looks ok for now ... fingers crossed.

cheers

I am leaving Friday morning, doing the coastal route and sight seeing along the way, so not expecting to be in Canberra till late.

A team-mate and i are staying in a caravan park that is apparantly only a k or two from the grounds :p

We were staying out further but this place which wasnt accepting dogs opened up for the flyball dogs only (no show people :cheer:) due to lack of horse people.

I think we're at the same place. They won't allow show dogs because some of them were washing their dogs in the shower. Someone must have assured them that our dogs don't need a daily bath. I wish they could go into cabins though.

Is anyone else camping? My dogs are fine as long as someone they know is close by and I won't shut them out and away from me in a strange place, they're just not used to it. I suspect my tent could get a bit crowded with some other dogs who's owners are in cabins though. :D

I found in Brisbane that I didn't get to meet all of the DOLers who were there. I'd love to meet everyone I can though. :party:

Hey Clover I'll miss you and your doggies (and your mum). Hopefully things will work out and we'll see you back racing soon. :thumbsup:

I think we're at the same place. They won't allow show dogs because some of them were washing their dogs in the shower. Someone must have assured them that our dogs don't need a daily bath. I wish they could go into cabins though.

Yeah we are staying at Eaglehawk. That was the reason they told us too, bloody show people ruining it for the rest of us :p

Perhaps we should list our dogs or pictures of them and what team we are from?

I have two Tollers (one in avatar) and am from Berwick :D

Awesome Pawsome have 1 team travelling down to Canberra for the Nationals. 2 of our dogs left yesterday for the long drive down, another 2 leave tomorrow night and are driving straight through, another 1 leaves tomorrow and the last dog is flying down first thing Saturday morning (couldn't be avoided)!

We're staying at a caravan park in Queanbeyan - did try to get into Eaglehawk, but was told that under NO circumstances were they allowing any dogs onto the property anymore??? Now I find out that they are, just not in cabins (which would have suited us since our dogs are in their own caravans anyway!)... anways!

I'm going to be doing my stewarding for my Judges Prac exam and also boxloading for AP. I heard it's predicted to be VERY hot - over 30 degrees both days!

Jo

I'm going to be doing my stewarding for my Judges Prac exam and also boxloading for AP. I heard it's predicted to be VERY hot - over 30 degrees both days!

I dont know who is correct but i was checking out the weekly forecast on the TV for Canberra yesterday and it said it was to be mid 20s all weekend and possibly raining.

Edited by tollersowned

I dont know who is correct but i was checking out the weekly forecast on the TV for Canberra yesterday and it said it was to be mid 20s all weekend and possibly raining.

Yep i checked the BOM site today and they said the same thing... mid 20's and maybe some showers.

Which sounds pretty good to me... way better than the usual hot Canberra royal :rolleyes:

Yarrowfell I'm looking forward to seeing your little pug run. How cool, I'll definitely have to take a couple of pics if I get a chance.

If you get any pics would love to see them.

Weather forcast 21 on Sat and Sunday. Fantastic weather and just what I prayed for :D

Edited by Yarrowfell