After Some Suggestions On Meat To Feed

Norskgra

Fingers crossed for pups! I know you've had a few problems. The halal places sell all sorts of meats you wouldn't expect and often sell lamb and beef that have had the fat striped off all ready. So worth a try. Silly idea but what about shell fish? Our old girl went wild for crab and oysters.....not that she got them very often mind you but they're very lean and never upset her stomach.

Thanks again NC. This is the first time for Kari. I will have a look in the Halal butchers. It's not a silly idea. Kari loves prawns and crab. She doesn't get it often, only a bit if we are having some I haven't tried her on oysters or lobster though. :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd better get out the silver platter for her too with all this gourmet food. Such highly bred ladies need the full silver service you know. :)

Seriously though good luck it's really hard when they have sensitive stomachs and you want to give them something extra. There's always the issue of what. My current girl thinks rainbow trout and fresh salmon are just wonderful...she even knows the word salmon. Not that she gets it very often but when it's on the menu she knows!

You'd better get out the silver platter for her too with all this gourmet food. Such highly bred ladies need the full silver service you know. :)

Seriously though good luck it's really hard when they have sensitive stomachs and you want to give them something extra. There's always the issue of what. My current girl thinks rainbow trout and fresh salmon are just wonderful...she even knows the word salmon. Not that she gets it very often but when it's on the menu she knows!

Thanks NC. She is a bit of a snob anyway and likes nothing but the best. :rofl:

I could just feed her dry but I do like to give all of my dogs meat, fish and bones once or twice a week. Mine love salmon as well.

Edited by Norskgra

When I first got a Tibetan Terrier, I emailed this guy in the US to inquire as to how he manages to feed a vegetarian diet to his dogs and why. He told me it was it "traditional" as Tibetans were Buddhists and as such were vegetarians so didn't kill animals to feed their dogs!!!! :)

What a load of codswallop!!!! :rofl::love:

Amuzing story :rofl:

When I lived in Israel, the dogs were Vegetarian on our Moshav. They happily rode out to the fields with us on teh tractors & scavenged for old fruit & veg as we picked. In saying that they also managed to catch small rodents & Lizards to eat. Being in the middle of a Dessert it was also interesting to see the Wolves, they would come to the fields & feast on fruit & veg also, and some of the Farms had Turkeys, and we would throw the dead ones into a gully, the Wolves would always be sitting waiting for us. Not alot of meat in the dessert, yet they all were happy to eat a vege diet when there wasnt anything else to eat, I spose that is called survival LOL

Norskgra what is actually wrong with your girl from a Veterinary point of view? Quite strange she can eat processed foods, what meat is in that?

It is strange. She is healthy but has an intolerance to certain fats. The vets can't find anything wrong with her. She can eat beef fat but can't eat chicken fat. We have to take every bit of fat off chicken for her. The strange thing is that her dry food was based on chicken and she doesn't have any problems at all with the dry food. Maybe because it is cooked. :)

ETA - Now that I think of it, she can eat BBQ chicken without any problems.

Edited by Norskgra