Holy Crap!

Crysti_Lei

Sorry Crysti Lei.... I am not much help BUT wanted to say...

as I havent had any experience with it,

How does the breed go handling Anaesthetics? That would impact my decision on the 3 options you have.

What does the breeder recommend?? this would also be a consideration I would take into account.

What does the vet feel option A offers in the dissapearance stakes & what are teh chances of it growing more?

Sorry Crysti Lei.... I am not much help BUT wanted to say...

as I havent had any experience with it,

How does the breed go handling Anaesthetics? That would impact my decision on the 3 options you have.

What does the breeder recommend?? this would also be a consideration I would take into account.

What does the vet feel option A offers in the dissapearance stakes & what are teh chances of it growing more?

she is fine with anethetic, went under twice last week.

breeder is deadset against removing the jaw, and i must say i am not fond of the idea either.

as for leaving it, the only cases where it was really left is in prairy dogs (where it is more commen) and usually it grows so large it suffercates them. but the vet was saying there was a case with a GSD where it was either left or remove (i didn't hear properly) and they tested after 3 years and there was no sign if it.

I agree with Clyde.

One of our Boxers had what seemed to be a growth on his jaw when he was 5 (next to his bottom canine) many opinions x-rays and a biopsy later I had two different opinions and a thrid which explained the two. The first opinion was I should have part of his jaw removed to be on the safe side - this wasn't a pariculary attractive option to me. The second opinion was it was nothing remove the tooth and all will be fine. The third opinion was more an insight for why there was two totally differnt opinions - one being a pesimist the other an optimist.

The decision I came to was to remove the tooth, and x-ray periodically to see if there was any changes. It all worked out for the best, the growth dissappeared once the tooth was removed, and the dog is sitting beside me as I speak :-)

I hope things work out as well for you :-)

I would personally remove the tumour now while it is still a reasonable size instead of letting it spread futher.

Or if it has spread far through the bone the option of euthanasia when proper investigation has occured. I wouldnt remove the jaw - our vet here knows of one dog that had half its lower jaw removed and it still reoccured (started as an Epulis) and the dog looked horrible.