Hydrobaths, Double/single Tanks And Auto Fill

Hi All,

I am in the process as to finding/buying a hydrobath. I have small dogs but bathing them in the laudry tub is getting annoying. Can someone tell me what the difference is between double and single tanks, what is the better one? Also what auto fill is? I am looking at a second hand conmurra hydrobath, it has hardly been used, 2006 model, single tank and heater for $1100 is this a good price? Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated

Cassie

ok a double tank is generally used with one tank for washing water and the other for rinse water. If you are having it plumbed in with hot/cold water access available, then a single tank should suffice. If you wont have hot water nearby, then a double tank is good, so you can wash and rinse without having to refill the tank in between.

Auto fill means that when you empty a tank, it refills on its own. Something that can be very handy.

Does that help any?

I have a double tank, but no auto refill and my heater died a few years ago, so we have to fill it with the hose and then add buckets of hot water. Pain in the butt let me tell you! I am saving for a new one, one day!

ok a double tank is generally used with one tank for washing water and the other for rinse water. If you are having it plumbed in with hot/cold water access available, then a single tank should suffice. If you wont have hot water nearby, then a double tank is good, so you can wash and rinse without having to refill the tank in between.

Auto fill means that when you empty a tank, it refills on its own. Something that can be very handy.

Does that help any?

I have a double tank, but no auto refill and my heater died a few years ago, so we have to fill it with the hose and then add buckets of hot water. Pain in the butt let me tell you! I am saving for a new one, one day!

Thanks the info was very helpful. This will be our first hydrobath... I would rather spend $1100 rather then $2000+ for our first. We only have small dogs but bathing them in laudry tub can be a pain... We would be using the hose/bore water. i do have access to hot water but that is thorough the tank...

Cassie

To be honest I would have thought you could get the same model but double tank for that price second hand. Although you probably don't actually need the twin tank - I'm just pointing out that I think $1100 is a bit exy for a 2 yr old single tank. Although in fairness I haven't looked around. Have you checked out Hydrobaths Australia's web site for the price of one new? Just to get a picture... :(

Just a thought - in all honesty I would look at one of those freestanding bath tub type tubs - the dogs ones that are on long legs. You could hook up your own hoses for warm water as you already have that set up... it would save you a packet! While hydrobaths are great to some degree I think they are more work than they need to be for the pet owner.

I can't think of the name for the tubs... sorry! Anyone? I've just seen random pics about of them. You wouldnt have to bend over to reach your dogs. Even in the hydrobath you have to bend right over for the littlies - back breaking - but then you can buy the raised thingo but they arent cheap either.

I'm waffling, lol, but hopefully someone else will know what I mean about those basic tubs.

To be honest I would have thought you could get the same model but double tank for that price second hand. Although you probably don't actually need the twin tank - I'm just pointing out that I think $1100 is a bit exy for a 2 yr old single tank. Although in fairness I haven't looked around. Have you checked out Hydrobaths Australia's web site for the price of one new? Just to get a picture... :(

Just a thought - in all honesty I would look at one of those freestanding bath tub type tubs - the dogs ones that are on long legs. You could hook up your own hoses for warm water as you already have that set up... it would save you a packet! While hydrobaths are great to some degree I think they are more work than they need to be for the pet owner.

I can't think of the name for the tubs... sorry! Anyone? I've just seen random pics about of them. You wouldnt have to bend over to reach your dogs. Even in the hydrobath you have to bend right over for the littlies - back breaking - but then you can buy the raised thingo but they arent cheap either.

I'm waffling, lol, but hopefully someone else will know what I mean about those basic tubs.

Do you mean Fido's Booster Bath?

Smart cookie!! :(:(

I don't know if it was necessarily Fido's brand but that is definitely what I meant. Thank you!!!! Have been trying to work that out since :D

ETA: I think Fidos and Hydrobaths Australia are one and the same now, so if you call Hydrobaths Australia the woman there is so lovely, helpful and mindful of peoples budgets.

Edited by Clyde