A Few Question ..

Tiger_bluez

G'day everyone

I need a few advises regarding Zoya my puppy. she is a german shepherd x husky.

1. ok first problem is Zoya always fart. I feed her dry foods, some doggy meat balls, bones, and chicken wings + puppy milk. I don't mind when she farts in the house, my room and in the park.. but in the train.. please.. I love taking her to places, catching train. She well behaves in the train, but she does release some gas there. People will give me funny look and i feel helpless. I only can say "sorry it's the dog". It's quite embarrassing though people seem to like her alot.

2. Zoya loves people but she loves other dogs even more. When she sees other dogs she will bark and try to come to them (dogs). But she will stop when it get 1 metre away and waiting the other dogs to sniff her first. She is quite polite in my opinion, but of course not everyone like the idea of big dog coming to their dogs, friendly or not. I always have her on leash but she is big and i am tiny. What i should do to stop her getting too excited when she see other dogs? i take her to dog park and dog beach regularly but she still excited when see any dogs.

I only can think those problems at the moment. I might come back with further questions.

regards

Lee

1. I think the farting has to do with diet. The only way I stopped Vinnie from letting lethal gasses go was change his dry food. If you buy a premium dry food, and maybe cut out the milk, from my experience the farting will be at a minimum.

2. The only way to stop Zoya rushing to other dogs is to give her obedience training. Most dogs will display her behaviour and need to be trained out of it and shown how to introduce themselves nicely to dogs and be under your control. I would suggest booking into and obedience club, especially if she is going to be a big dog. You need to be able to keep her focus on you and not on the other dogs, and she can only say 'hello' when you say she can :o

Good luck :laugh:

1. Which dry food to you feed? The cheaper foods have more cereal fillers and dogs have problems digesting carbohydrates so a lot of gas is produced as their system struggles to process them. The milk wouldn't be helping either, if I were you I'd stop giving it, adult dogs don't require milk. I don't know what 'doggy meatballs' are, but if they're commercially made they probably have fillers in them as well so have a good look at the ingredients list on whatever packaging they come in and if they're full of cereal products get rid of them too. They may also contain offal which is very rich and may cause gas in some dogs if they have too much of it.

Feed a good super premium dry food, human grade meats (beef or chicken), chicken wings, frames, necks, brisket bones and maybe a little cooked liver occasionally and the occasional raw egg and it's highly unlikely that you'll have a problem with gas. Or alternatively you could go all the way and feed a completely natural diet with no dry food at all although that would entail a little more planning.

Regarding the training issue, take your dog to obedience classes, they're a must for every dog.

Diet can cause farting ,also being in an environment that they dont feel secure .

As for the rest its training.The dog doesnt tell you what it wants you tell it what you want.Crying at other dogs is unacceptable behaviour whether it be friendly or not.

I suggest its time to join your local obedience club