Fleas And Revolution

I am having a hell of a time getting rid of fleas.

Ive always used Revolution and had no problems, but now it doesnt seem to be working. I applied it 3 weeks after the last application and while bathing my dog today (I applied it 4 days ago) I found more fleas! It is my understanding Revolution should kill them on contact.

Ive searched for other flea posts but rarely is Revolution mentioned- is there a reason why that I dont know about?

Im also in the process of letting some lemon and rosemary steep to make a natural flea repellant- anyone used this? (I got the idea from a reply that Erny made on the general forum)

Help! my poor baby is itching day and night!

You nee dto bomb your house & spray the yard .

Im all for natural where possible but if you are infested you need to treat it now .& stop the cycle of whats in your yard & house because if the dog has fleas they will also be on you & biting the humans or any guests you have.

You need to also consider where the problem has started

You nee dto bomb your house & spray the yard .

Im all for natural where possible but if you are infested you need to treat it now .& stop the cycle of whats in your yard & house because if the dog has fleas they will also be on you & biting the humans or any guests you have.

You need to also consider where the problem has started

Yep, also the fleas a will die after contact with Revolution but kill times are different for all the products. Fleas are easier to see if they have been affected and are now slowing down...

Revolution offer a guarantee, if you are not happy with efficacy you can contact through your retailer.

Lucknow, thats good to know. Hopefully they will be gone soon...

I havent had a problem before last month and actually yesterday my neighbour was getting his house sprayed for- you guessed it- fleas! We live in a row of terrace houses so perhaps thats where they came from and why we are having trouble getting rid of them?

Settrlvr, none of the humans in the house are getting bitten hence why i have been suprised to find fleas on the dog.

Considering the flea bomb, just worried about the effect on kids and animals. Will try natural remedy tonight and see if it makes any difference.

I had to flea bomb my last house a couple of times. For some reason they just kept coming back the same time every year. :laugh:

I believe they were in the dry dust under the house, and as soon as the weather was ripe for them, boom, flea invasion. Easiest way to do it is to stay overnight at someones place. I did it on my weekends away with dogs and all. One night away was enough, strip the beds before you go, and just wipe everything down when you get home the next day. :(

Edited to say: I can't use revolution so can't help you there. I've got collies.....

Cheers

Jac

Edited by Banshee

We had a real problem with fleas. It was a rented house, and the infestation was mostly under the house, where the cat liked to hide out.

We used bombs from the supermarket countless times until we realised they were coming from under the house.

We reguarly give our pets flea treatments (frontline at the time I think) but it made no difference, if they went under the house they would come out covered in fleas.

Anyway we ended up having to have the whole house and property (to fenceline) professionaly sprayed, twice actually (first time didnt get them all completely)

We had ours done for around $250 and there was also a 6 month guarantee.

As others have said you have to completly eliminate fleas from your dogs environment.

You could use Capstar tablets.

Also I read in another post that fleas can build up an immunity to one product so you might wish to also apply some other sort of spot on flea product as well as the Revolution untill you have the fleas beaten.

I think that alot of people in NSW and QLD are having problems with fleas at the moment. I think that people are being reccomended to use flea products like Advantix every 2 weeks.