I Just Found A Lens I Didn't Know I Had!

ruthless

Well, I knew I had it, but I only used it once for a macro job I did 10 years ago. I need to do some research. It says Canon Compact-Macro lens EF 50mm 1:2.5 on it. Does anyone have any links to websites that will show me pics taken with this lens? There's a handful on Amazon but I'd like to see more.

Is that the lens with the film camera I borrowed? I mentioned to you that lens was there, ruthless. :( I didn't use it but it fits my 350D so will fit your Canon too. I tried it out and it seemed to focus ok, bit noisy. I googled it ages back and you can pick one up for USD$299

http://www.pictureline.com/products/529/Ca..._Compact_Macro/

ETA: Just google it on google images

Edited by Ripley

ruthless, the only reason I didn't use your macro lens was I was hiking in the rainforest and didn't want to cart around too many lenses. I only took my sigma 17-70 which has a lower macro capability.

Is that the lens with the film camera I borrowed? I mentioned to you that lens was there, ruthless. :( I didn't use it but it fits my 350D so will fit your Canon too. I tried it out and it seemed to focus ok, bit noisy. I googled it ages back and you can pick one up for USD$299

http://www.pictureline.com/products/529/Ca..._Compact_Macro/

ETA: Just google it on google images

Yeah, I remember, but I thought it was a macro only lens. When I took it out this morning and saw 50mm I thought "yay" I already have a nifty fifty. It's not though, is it?

Other than that I kept ending up at Amazon also :)

Why don't you just take your own pictures?? Bugs, flies, fleas whatever ;)

I will, but I was on the verge of buying a portrait lens when I found this, so just wanted to check that I wasn't doubling up.

I have a Canon 1.8 50mm lens that I haven't used yet but only tested it out on my parrot.

It was about $115 and I bought it in Australia.

Yeah, they're pretty good value.

Just get out and take some pictures with it - THAT will give you the answers you need :laugh:

I will, I will :D I'm just at work and I only found it this morning so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Jeez, gimme a chance :o

Are you in the city this week, ruthless? Get down to the Botanical Gardens and take some flower shots if you are.

Nope, not this week. I've got some flowers in pots at home though and I'm sure I can find plenty of bugs :(

Oooh, I'm so excited, I love it! I focussed on the nose far too many times, so I need to watch out for that. Really happy though, it's got heaps of potential. I just need better light than I had tonight.

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg