Flyball

i have heard that at weiners comp there having spit roast, but also there getting married on the sat night, so therefore there charging flyball people to pay for there wedding reception, wow, the few people i spoke too wernt aware of the situation and were annoyed that they wernt told of this and were thankful they found out before they paid, is it just me or is this situation really wierd?

i have heard that at weiners comp there having spit roast, but also there getting married on the sat night, so therefore there charging flyball people to pay for there wedding reception, wow, the few people i spoke too wernt aware of the situation and were annoyed that they wernt told of this and were thankful they found out before they paid, is it just me or is this situation really wierd?

So when you say they are getting marries who do you mean? Where did you hear that?

I can't imagine doing anything except playing flyball at a flyball comp. I think it is a bit rude to ask other people to pay for something if they aren't aware of what is actually going on. I'm not sure what is happening, but it sure sounds strange.

Mmm sounds like a troll too me, first post, trying to cause trouble......get a life really :laugh:

If the club is having a spit roast, flyballers have to pay for that dont they? So you arent paying for any wedding reception.

Have heard the rumour is true that two people are getting married at the competition.

I hope that if it is true the posters that started throwing troll accusations will be big enough to say sorry! :o

A troll is someone who has signed up to just cause trouble, now the OP has made only one post...this one...which is spreading a rumour. So someone please tell me if this isnt a troll then what is?

Edited by tollersowned

The Weiners are hosting a 2 day comp, with camping on sight. Yes 2 members are getting married on Saturday late afternoon, but they advertised there would be entertainment and a spit roast that night. The Spit roast is costing $15 pp. so i hardly think that the flyballers are paying for the reception. I have been to flyball comps where a spit roast has been offered for dinner on the Saturday night at $22 pp, and a great night out with flyball members. So whats the difference? No one has said that the competitors had to have the spit roast, it was offered. If people were really concerned they could have asked what the entertainment was. Sounds like a trouble maker, maybe you could have added the facts. Should be a great comp!

thankyou, Astroboy 2 for clearing things up. I did know some of the details but things change and i wasn't 100% sure it was still going ahead. Looking forward to the comp, not very often we have 2 day ones in victoria.

ETA-Note to self, stop using DOL at work and if the boss walks in hide your post, don't submit it. It tends to be missing what you were actually typing. :laugh:

Edited by menacebear

thankyou, I found out what i needed to know, but it is amazing that ya ask one question and a few people start accusing ya of troubble ect. well to those troll nazis the world has evolved, women arnt chained to the sink anymore, we are allowed to ask questions, or even have an opinion we are even allowed to vote! if it was ment to be a suprise wedding then dont do it at a flyball comp, because after a days racing and all your looking forward to is relaxing and have a spit roast, but a wedding is sprung upon you with people you dont even really know and another days racing to go, to me is unacceptable. but as it turns out they have changed there minds and announced there plans, which now we can make our own decisions wether to attend or not. best of luck to them, as for the troll nazis, you should go back under your bridge.

The 2 people in question are having their wedding at their own home ground comp as they first met doing flyball. I think it is a wonderful idea. As Astroboy 2 mentioned you usually pay more for a spit roast dinner at any 2 day comp so $15 is very reasonable.

There is nothing wrong with keeping it a surprise. What is the difference in relaxing at a spit roast dinner and relaxing with a wedding prior. It is not as if you have to do anything other than just sit there anyway and watch. I don't understand why there has been a big deal made about it.

I just wish that I was able to be there for the comp and wedding but unfortunately I have another wedding to attend so I hope to see lots of photos. :laugh:

Good luck guys xxxx

Edited by bordersrule

.... is it just me or is this situation really wierd?

No of course it is not weird: like you said, it is just you Montanna. Flyballers are a great community, not a group of strangers. Why not come along in your team and wear something to fit the "goldfields" theme and enjoy the day full speed rather than being mean spirited and critical. You haven't painted yourself into a corner.

thankyou, I found out what i needed to know, but it is amazing that ya ask one question and a few people start accusing ya of troubble ect. well to those troll nazis the world has evolved, women arnt chained to the sink anymore, we are allowed to ask questions, or even have an opinion we are even allowed to vote! if it was ment to be a suprise wedding then dont do it at a flyball comp, because after a days racing and all your looking forward to is relaxing and have a spit roast, but a wedding is sprung upon you with people you dont even really know and another days racing to go, to me is unacceptable. but as it turns out they have changed there minds and announced there plans, which now we can make our own decisions wether to attend or not. best of luck to them, as for the troll nazis, you should go back under your bridge.

Sorry 'love', but when someone posts like you have spreading false information in your first post then people are going to call you out for trying to cause trouble.....

Its a public forum, if you dont want to accept the variations of responses that arent to your liking then dont bother posting, My response was actually my opinon by the way something you said we are all allowed to have? :o

One thought that majority of the flyballers got along well together and would have enjoyed celebrating, but anyway dont trolls live under bridges? Not troll nazis so off you go :rofl:

WOW the things peope can come up with to winge about. :rofl:

Joining a dog forum JUST for this??? To bad if it was spose to be a suprise. Could have just asked one of the Weiners you know. Sounds to me like trouble making not trolling.

Yes the wedding was supposed to be a suprise although there were a few people we had to mention it too as they wern't going to come to both day's of the comp. (several plans have been changed so they can attend) The logistics of getting other guests to a flyball comp as well as getting changed and every thing else was getting too tricky so we decided not a suprise would be easier.

We could have always had a back yard wedding with family only, the inlaws cooking and every one left for home by 4:30 pm but I want EVERYONE to see how much Josh and I mean to one another. No one is foced to have the meal, stand a round to see the wedding, buy a present or even come to the comp. Flyball is our lives if you ask any one that knows us they will agree, we met at Flyball and got together at the Keilor comp Anzac weekend 2005

FYI: We decided last year after the Weiners comp to provide a meal as many people suggested it and also commented on how nice it was to have a relaxing weekend of Flyball and that sitting around together saturday night would add to it.

How would it be stressful to have a wedding sprung on you? I think it would be awesome to have that happen, but then I do love a wedding!

And I agree, the flyball community isnt that big, realistically everyone knows everyone even if its not by name, its one of the friendliest dog things I've been around (especially compared to showing!)

Edited by shoemonster

No one is foced to have the meal, stand a round to see the wedding, buy a present or even come to the comp

exactly, thankyou your right because if it was a suprise then people wouldnt be given the chance to choose for themselves.