Chicken Parts...

Hey all..

I was wondering if you can give raw drumsticks and marylands to dogs, I know you can give necks and carcases but I wasn't sure about eh other 2.. And if you can, would you chop them into smaller pieces or just give them whole?

I am trying to fatten up my 9month old boxer pup so i thought marylands would be good if they can have them. (I can't give him lamb flaps etc because he has a sensitive stomach)

Guest Tess32

Yep, any part is fine in theory - a part being fine for your own individual dog is another story :rofl:

My dogs have eaten a full chicken, half a chicken, a maryland, thigh, drumstick, wing and neck :D

Guest Tess32

Well she did ask "I was wondering if you can give raw drumsticks and marylands to dogs, " so it's not really an assumption?

Don't try to fatten up a young dog quickly as the sudden growth will put strain on bones/ joints/ ligaments.

Is best to fatten up slowly for healthy development.

Boxers are meant to be lean.

Often people in the street will say your dog is skinny when in fact they're perfect weight!

Too many people think overweight= normal weight :rolleyes:.

Avoid very fatty treats/ offcuts as they can cause pancreatitis- potentially fatal for your dog.

eta: my 26kg poodle loves chicken carcasses- they often have a lot of meat left on- and they love crunching the whole thing up.

Edited by Poodle wrangler