Help Each Other And Maybe Have Fun

We were a little focused on "my" training yesterday, nevertheless, when the opportunity arose I did sneak and look at Zig. Impressive obedience. Very nice focus.

......for a Dally :(

Having had no experience owning a Dally, no idea really. Good dogs are ..........good dogs!!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait :D Looks like we might have a bit of good fortune with the weather too.....fine and 19C :p

SD,

Regarding the weather......after you left today, due to lecture committments, how I laughed, the skies opened. Still wet, but I am always wet. Enjoyed when the dogs shook excess water off me during our endless summer, now complaining. Never happy are we?

Ooops! That must have been the huge downpour I drove through on the way home - I wondered how you'd fared!

My doo (hair) was ruined. But who cares, LOL. Lucky I did not bother to comb this morning.

Good luck SD, you will love it! Is it a camp over trial? Let us know how you go eh?

LL, not sure if there will be any trials on in Vic when I am there, am coming Sth for the Nationals in SA also doing Eyre Peninsular for a holiday, an OT trial in Berri in SA then over to Godsown country (Vic) before heading Nth again for the heat/ humidity and build up and work for another 12 months!

Will definately catch up with you though!

Annie and her boyz

Thought I would pop in with an update for all those interested, before I dash out to give Ziggy a walk.

I had an awesome time today :rolleyes: We were blessed with great weather and a not so early start :cool:

"Yo" worked really well for me and I was so proud of him - his retrieves (IMHO) were sensational and he probably lost most of his points on heeling between the pegs. Boy, can that dog mark!!!! I was absolutely wrapped that we not only managed to survive each run but ended up with a 4th place and a score of 151 out of around 13 dogs. 3rd place scored 152, 2nd place 153 and 1st place Novice scored 159 so it was very close. LL did fabulously well in Restricted with "Yank" and "Yo", gaining 1st and 2nd place respectively, and title for "Yank" :laugh: The runs were pretty tough and more than half the dogs were out by the 3rd run.

Thankyou LL for giving me such a fabulous opportunity. Time permitting, I hope this isn't the last time I get to handle Yo! And full credit must go to the Flat Coat Retrieving Club for running such a lovely relaxed trial, the 3 handlers who fired for me, and everyone for being so nice to a newbie :laugh:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Glad you had fun TSD and well done for your placing. :(

And LL .... to you too for a fantastic performance from you and your dogs. Congratulations for the 1st and 2nd and on gaining a Title :(.

Well done to both all of you.

I was absolutely wrapped that we not only managed to survive each run but ended up with a 4th place and a score of 151 out of around 13 dogs.

Wow :rolleyes: You want to come and handle my boys now :champagne::mad

Main wish was fulfilled, dogs had fun and so did we.

How I wish I had a camera at hand, as I was watching SD, after the first run/test running up a steap incline with Yo. What a smile!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again SD for EVERYTHING.

Yo, as you know munched a few old sheep bones which resulted in him vomiting. He had significant diarrhoea last night, but still with a possible healh issue, tried so hard.

Oh, poor Yo - if he'll keep still long enough give the lad a cuddle for me ;)

Funniest thing after that first run (and Yo was so quick!!!! :eek: ), everyone wanted me to tell LL that Yo had refused to work or taken the game back to someone else (that was Gareth, LL :laugh: ) but I couldn't possibly wipe the smile off my face so it was a wasted opportunity :laugh:

Awesome day - I'm still grinning :D

Awesome day - I'm still grinning :eek:

[Poodlefan gazes into crystal ball]

Spotted D I see a Labrador in your future.. :D

Naughty PF :laugh: You want to tell my landlord? :laugh:

Yo and Ziggy got on so well last week, LL is lucky she went home with 2 dogs!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Awesome day - I'm still grinning :eek:

[Poodlefan gazes into crystal ball]

Spotted D I see a Labrador in your future.. :D

Naughty PF :laugh: You want to tell my landlord? :laugh:

Yo and Ziggy got on so well last week, LL is lucky she went home with 2 dogs!

They certainly did. Damm SD, I would appreciate your help again, I have 3 labs in All Age now, so poor Yo will be so lonely at home, as I must concentrate on only one stake. Running from stake to stake is killing me and not helping the dogs at all.

ha ha. Yo (sniff sniff sniff) will be fine at home, so don't feel bad.