Vegemite

Hi

I did a search but didnt find anything.

I know of people who feed Vegemite to their dogs and I just found an almost full jar in the cupboard which is nearing its useby date. I was wondering if its ok to give my dogs a tiny bit in their dinner each day? Does it have any advantages to a dog's diet?

:thumbsup: Oh no... do not put vegemite on your dogs dinner Counting Sheep. :laugh:

You have to make them little toast soldiers with butter and vegemite. :laugh:

Ted's breeder is a greyhound trainer/owner. Everyone of their greys gets a piece of toast and vegemite for breakfast some days.

It's basically yeast extract, lots of Vitamin B. My dogs love it (on their toast soldiers)

Edited by poodlefan

Hi

I did a search but didnt find anything.

I know of people who feed Vegemite to their dogs and I just found an almost full jar in the cupboard which is nearing its useby date. I was wondering if its ok to give my dogs a tiny bit in their dinner each day? Does it have any advantages to a dog's diet?

I put it in their kongs with biscuits, carrots, apple etc.

:laugh: Oh no... do not put vegemite on your dogs dinner Counting Sheep. :laugh:

Ted's breeder is a greyhound trainer/owner. Everyone of their greys gets a piece of toast and vegemite for breakfast some days.

It's basically yeast extract, lots of Vitamin B. My dogs love it (on their toast soldiers)

:thumbsup:

Slightly off topic but when I was working in a boarding kennel/cattery we would give vegemite to cats refusing to eat to get them to start, the owner swore it worked every time. In the relatively short time I was there it was 100% successful and I have always wondered if it was the effect of the Vit B or some other reason.

Slightly off topic but when I was working in a boarding kennel/cattery we would give vegemite to cats refusing to eat to get them to start, the owner swore it worked every time. In the relatively short time I was there it was 100% successful and I have always wondered if it was the effect of the Vit B or some other reason.

Don't cats like salty food?

:laugh: Oh no... do not put vegemite on your dogs dinner Counting Sheep. :laugh:

You have to make them little toast soldiers with butter and vegemite. :rofl:

:thumbsup::laugh::laugh: Point taken Poodlefan :rofl:

Don't cats like salty food?

Oh yeh! :thumbsup:

You have to make them little toast soldiers with butter and vegemite. :rofl:

:thumbsup::laugh::laugh: Point taken Poodlefan :rofl:

I can't remember the last time I ate an entire piece of vegemite toast. :rofl:

:D Oh no... do not put vegemite on your dogs dinner Counting Sheep. :)

You have to make them little toast soldiers with butter and vegemite. :D

:laugh: hehehehe

That is so cute.

Mmmmmm I love vegemite I swear I could live off it mmmm I want some now

The family who owned Jack before we adopted him had two kids under 4yo. They obviously "shared" their Vegemite soldiers with Jack because he will be right there beside you as you put the first scraping of Vegemite on your toast! :laugh: We have never given him any. We're meanies. :D

No, that's not true. We never give him any morsel of food that we're eating because we can't stand a dog that begs for food. But he has had Vegemite thinly spread on cheese chunks stuffed in his Kong.

:o Oh no... do not put vegemite on your dogs dinner Counting Sheep. :p

:cry: :cry: :mad

Fantastic! If only all posts were so decisive and informative! :wave:

I love it! :thumbsup::cheer::(

(and yes, I do make soldiers!)