Any Suggestions On Good Books For Puppies/dogs?

pennyw74

Has anybody bought any good books with really good advice on puppies, training, dogs, anything at all to do with behaviour, etc?

When you go into book shops, there are so many to choose from but I just want to find a few that people recommend with really good advice.

Thanks...

The Other End of the Leash by Patricia McConnell. A great book and talks about the dog/human relationship and why we as humans (primates) sometimes have trouble communicating to dogs amongst other things including behavioural problems.

Thanks, Luke. I read your list. I had heard of "The Perfect Puppy" by Gwen Bailey and have also seen the Ian Dunbar DVD, Sirius Puppy Training. I might look at his books as that's how we started training Izzy when we first brought her home. She has been to puppy school and I will be taking her to obedience classes soon, too. It's always good to read up on any tips to help.

When I read the title - my first thought was "but dogs can't read"...that's my dumb sense of humour :thumbsup:

Me too, only my thought was "puppies aren't fussy what they rip up and scatter about, anything from Stephen King to Mills and Boon would be fun....

Oh yes, her first book she ripped up was The Readers Digest Complete Book of Australian Birds. That was when we thought she was too little to reach the sixth step and we left it on the step to take upstairs next time.

Edited by pennyw74

Oh yes, her first book she ripped up was The Readers Digest Complete Book of Australian Birds. That was when we thought she was too little to reach the sixth step and we left it on the step to take upstairs next time.

Now isn't that an appropriate title for a puppy to "digest" :thumbsup:

My girl (Bonnie the Chihuahua) has an ongoing love affair with the local/tame Sulfhur Crested Cocky. The cocky sits on my fence taunting Bonnie and I've even seen it do low "fly by's" through my backyard, with Bonnie madly chasing and yapping after it. I swear the cocky thinks it's a huge joke interacting with such a small dog.....