No Tear Duct Openings

My puppy has had tears since we got her. She will be six months next week.

She had her eyes examined yesterday when she was getting desexed. He was going to see if her tear ducts were blocked and was going to flush them to unblock them.

After examining her, he has found that she actually has no visible tear duct openings on either eye, upper or lower so her tears have nowhere to go, except down her face.

He has said we can go to an opthamologist and he can do further examinations under very powerful microscopes and with his tools, may be able to find them but he also might not.

At this stage, since it's not worrying her, he has suggested that we not worry too much and just wipe the eyes daily.

Just wondering if anybody else has this problem?

I have a foster cat here with the same problems. She hates her eyes being wiped and it is always irritated even with daily wiping.

Should we end up keeping her, then I am going to look in to what else can be done.

We are lucky that Izzy doesn't mind her eyes being wiped at this stage. She's a good girl.

Lucky Honey is only a tiny cat so you get her under the arm then quick wipe and then know that she will not talk to you for a few hours.

we had a dog that ended up with severely blocked tear ducts which created all sorts of issues.

She had surgery to re direct her tear ducts through her noise & it was the best thing we ever did

I'd get her to an opthamologist asap. Best to get it fixed before she gets much older.

Constantly wet skin around her eyes will predispose her to infections as well as unsightly staining.

Please let her breeder know too.