Wahl Km2

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting a set of clippers in the next couple of weeks - I'm looking at the Wahl KM2 from clipper world and have been told that they work quite well. I'm doing a grooming course at the moment and have been practicing on friends dogs (no complaints yet, even when i did a poodle clip on my friends "spoodle" :laugh: (she knows better now!) and gave him fluffy feet, tail and head) with a "petlife" set that a friend of a friend apparently paid $600 for (i think not). The clippers get hot, don't cut properly and make a noise you wouldn't believe! Took me 3.5 hours to do the clip for a photo and a laugh :rolleyes: and then shave him down because we kept having to turn the things off to cool down! Didn't help that he didn't like the noise either!

Anyway, I was looking at the Wahl KM2 and wanted to know what everyone thought of them?

The wahl are great, but any clippers will get hot after a while.

I usually have to change my blade (or turn it off) after about 20 mins.

I love my set though :rolleyes: Just need more blades to swap over so I don't have to stop.

I really wanted the 2 speed to do the more sensitive areas (i find the single speed are just too fast to do facial and genital areas). I would like to be able to do Zero's feet with them too as he has very very furry feet and he gets mud between his pads easily if there is hair between them and the higher speed is too fast.

I really wanted the 2 speed to do the more sensitive areas (i find the single speed are just too fast to do facial and genital areas). I would like to be able to do Zero's feet with them too as he has very very furry feet and he gets mud between his pads easily if there is hair between them and the higher speed is too fast.

JMHO, but I find I don't need the slower speed on poodle feet and poodle feet are shaved very, very short- between all the pads and "toes" as well.

The hair between Zero's toes is more coarse than a poodles (in fact, the the coarsest hair on his body - i was really surprised when I felt it the first time! It's like whiskers!) - if I do it with the 1 speed i don't get as close to the skin as I would with a lower setting because the hair just gets pushed out of the way and i get a choppy looking cut which holds onto the clay/mud a lot easier.

I don't need the slower speed to do my friends poodles' (or another friends "spoodle" :confused: ) feet but i use the slower speed for the poodles' faces and under their front legs (in the little bit of skin that is like their arm pit) as Hannah, Elle and Toby are all very sensitive here and don't like it being done.

For what I want it for, the extra $$ for the two speed is worth it.

This is so emabressing comming from someone who has been grooming as long as i have. :rofl::eek: ;)

I always thought the single speed clippers only did the lower speed. I never use the lower setting either but have always bought double speed clippers becasue i thought they had the advatage of having the higher speed. I have used single speed clippers before and they were slow thats why i thought the two speed had the faster setting for more heavy duty cutting and commercial use. am i wrong, yous are saying the single speed have the faster speed only :confused::eek: ;)

This is so emabressing comming from someone who has been grooming as long as i have. :p :rofl::rofl:

I always thought the single speed clippers only did the lower speed. I never use the lower setting either but have always bought double speed clippers becasue i thought they had the advatage of having the higher speed. I have used single speed clippers before and they were slow thats why i thought the two speed had the faster setting for more heavy duty cutting and commercial use. am i wrong, yous are saying the single speed have the faster speed only :rolleyes: :laugh::)

With the Wahl KM SS the single or lower speed is the same speed as the lower speed of the KM2. This is not always the case with other brands.

Thanks guys thats what i thought, well my expiriance has always been that single speed clippers only have the lower speed. Thought i was going a bit mad there for a second. :laugh:

Actually what am i talking about i am well and truly mad. :rolleyes: