Flea Allergies

Yep capstar......Also wash My Joe on pure olive oil soap then soak him in QV bath oil for 5 or so minutes.It really takes the redness out of the itchyness.Stay way from shampoos and heavly scented products.Vet has also given me some anti-hystamine "FRAMINE "for his really itchy days.No long term effects.

Cheers Megs

OOps sorry!!!!!!!LOL.Its for senative skin By "ego" There a is a whole line of QV product you can get it at your local chemist. It about $12 a 500ml bottle i think.U only need 2 caps worth in a laundry tubs worth.You can also get a non-soap cleansing bar but i have found it leaves thier coat dry.The olive oil soap (brand it Priya and you get it from woolworths)Puts oil through their coat. but doesn't leave them greasy.

my older BC boy has a bad flea allergy. I use advantage (or adnavtix in tick season) and make sure all bedding etc is washed regularly. I also use caapstar if he picks up fleas when he is out. If he does get a flea bite and breaks out he has iramine(sp) antihistimines.

I find the best treatment is prevention. I try to keep the house, yard flea and all the dogs free - which is working.

my older BC boy has a bad flea allergy. I use advantage (or adnavtix in tick season) and make sure all bedding etc is washed regularly. I also use caapstar if he picks up fleas when he is out. If he does get a flea bite and breaks out he has iramine(sp) antihistimines.

I find the best treatment is prevention. I try to keep the house, yard flea and all the dogs free - which is working.

Unfortunately, the problem stems from next door. This isn't my dog I'm talking about, however (in either household!).