Throat Lump

Hi All

just hoping some might be able to give me some idea what my girl may have,

She has 4 week old puppies (Fit and very healthy) yesterday l noticed a huge lump in her throat it goes more left to right than up and down and is nearly a handful each side and is very firm. its at the top of her throat just under jawline, she has a raised temperature, and has had some diahrea, she is still eating and drinking no problems at all, and is dribbling abit but not all the time more when she sleeps,

l called the vet straight away had to see one of the other vets as mine is away for 2 weeks, the vet had a good feel and put two needles into it in different spots and got nothing really out of it except a very small amount (not even enough to go into the syringe) of just blood colour stuff. she put them onto seperate slides and looked at them under the microscope and said there was bacteria in there. So tells me its an Abscess, neither she nor l can find a mark or anything ??? She gave her an antibiotic injection and tablets to start tonight, she said normally they open them up and drain them my concern is if nothing went into the needle whats there to drain ???? l am just no comfortable with the vets diagnoses. Thinking about it last night and about a week ago her voice changed, she is not a barker but does more of a whineing talking voice and the tone of that has changed and now she is talking at all,

any ideas would be great

Thanks

SHerel

My Goldie had the exact same thing a while ago, an abcess still do not know what from? They never found a foriegn body. She had to have surgery twice before it healed. Hopefully your antibiotics work.

Lucy had a tumour. We never found out if it was cancerous because there was no point, given its situation in her throat. She dribbled and it was brownish in colour. She was off her food and sluggish as well, when initially diagnosed. Treated with cortisone and she lived happily for only 3 months though, before it increased in size and obstructed her breathing.

Best to find out for sure what you are dealing with.

Hope it's nothing much.