Out Of Curiosity

Jibwa

Hi All,

When I sit on the floor, my 6mth old Ridge put his bone in my lap, lays down and starts chewing it. I'm wondering if i should stop him from doing it? Is it a sign of dominance or me being dominant?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

:nahnah:

I think it's a lovely thing, a sign that he likes and trusts you and doesn't expect you to take his stuff away or at least to give it back if you do (that is presuming that he cares about the bone, I get the impression he does). I say enjoy it, you're very lucky.

One of my Toy poo's dose it all the time. Loves to chew his stuff on you, your lap if he can but will settle with just chewing it on top of your foot. I don't mind it all and think its lovely, much better than having him run off to a corner and guard his stuff. I would not worry about it at all, it can be a bit gross but if he has a raw meaty bone or a chicken wing but the other stuff i don't mind he can chew it all over me ;)

Its called your a holder ,a convient way of eating a bone,beefhide or what ever.

Just be aware of this if people come around though & also still make sure the dog is taught the object can be taken safely & returned .Whilst its nice it still doesnt guarantee you safety unless taught

Awww...he's combining his two favorite things... :love:

Noodle does this with our 6 year old .. she often holds the chew (a huge advantage a few days ago with the Elizabethan collar on her head .. not be trusted stage where she would be at her stitches but made holding onto chews impossible as the collar obstructed her paws from holding it ... can have it off for eating now though) while Noodle tried to curl up in her lap ... more like plonks herself on top of Tara's legs for a good ol' chew and getting patted at the same time. If Tara sits on the floor Noodle goes to get her chew and goes to sit somewhere on her .. see picture .. big sook!

post-16051-1212725853_thumb.jpg

My cattle dog does this all the time. When he has a bone or yummy stuff to chew, he will lay down with his front paws on my lap with what ever hes chewing on and eat it on me. My family and fiance keeps telling me that im the only one in the world that lets the dog do this. And i thought i was the only one too lol. Thankgod there is others lol.

He likes me to hold the bone and dosent mind if i take it off him. Sometimes he thinks hes a 30kg lap dog and will try to sit on me, if that happens im pretty much stuck there till the bone is finnished lol.

I think its cute and i believe that he trusts me :laugh:

My 13 week old Sammie does the same thing. He will get his most beloved toy, (whatever he has decided it is for that hour) and come and sit with or on me or my OH and just chew away until something distracts him.