Shampoo/conditioner For Dry Coat?

I am having real trouble getting that soft silky texture back into my dogs coat, she is a SCWT with about 1" of coat on her body/legs.

The problem is that she feels really wiry at the moment on her body. her legs and head have that lovely silky texture but not her body.

Any suggestions on what shampoo/conditioner would re-moisturize her coat without making it greasy and flat?

I am having real trouble getting that soft silky texture back into my dogs coat, she is a SCWT with about 1" of coat on her body/legs.

The problem is that she feels really wiry at the moment on her body. her legs and head have that lovely silky texture but not her body.

Any suggestions on what shampoo/conditioner would re-moisturize her coat without making it greasy and flat?

I find Aloveen Oatmeal shampoo and conditioner is just the best stuff around, its really good for their skin too.

I love Aloveen as a nice smelling oatmeal type shampoo and it may help temporarily, it won't however fix whatever is happening inside affecting the outside. Shampoos can't really infuse moisture whatever advertising tells us :) .Maybe a diet change would improve things?

My first thought was Aloveen as well. Leave the shampoo on for 10 mins before rinsing and dont rinse the conditioner off leave it on. Try adding some omega 6 fatty acid supliment to her diet or some sardines should help. A good diet is always going to help the coat.

I would go with Aloveen as well. They have a great leave in conditioner that you can use between washes. Just rub some in your hands and rub it on. As far as helping the skin, Flaxseed Oil is an option, omega oils also.

I'll give the aloveen a try and see how it goes. Her diet is mainly made up of eagle pack holistic dry with chicken frames a couple of times a week.

She has a very fine sparse coat so i want to avoid products that make her coat too heavy and flat

Try the tropical coat conditioner from Groomers Products link here

You can use it as a leave in conditioner. Rinse out only till the water is milky.

Groomers also have a shampoo for dry coats in there salon range as well.

Id take Wylies suggestion of the Groomers Products, :)

They are Fantastic!!!!!!!

Belinda

Try the tropical coat conditioner from Groomers Products link here

You can use it as a leave in conditioner. Rinse out only till the water is milky.

Groomers also have a shampoo for dry coats in there salon range as well.

Id take Wylies suggestion of the Groomers Products, :)

They are Fantastic!!!!!!!

Belinda

Another :D for Groomers Products

Hi,

I'd up the Omega fatty acids in you SCWT diet as mentioned as coat conditioned comes from the inside. Fish oil is great, so is flax seed oil if you dog doesn't have grain allergies. I also gave Pele (Bull Terrier) Emu Oil capsules when I was showing her. I also use a natural shampoo that I add a bit of Jojoba Oil (about a tablespoon to a litre bottle of shampoo).

Jojoba Oil is expensive but it goes a long, long way. I buy cheap non-scented supermarket moisturisers for myself and add Jojoba and an aromatherapy oil or 2 and it's like buying a super expensive moisturiser for a fraction of the price :(