Lenses For Travel Photography

Ripley

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've been in the UK for a week and haven't taken the 17-70 off my camera yet.

I've climbed up high in late afternoon sun to the top of Arthur's seat in Edinburgh with it to take a shot of the view (pretty steep climb too with camera), I've taken photos of Edinburgh castle with it and one more castle ruin and today I took a shot of Beatrix Potter's cottage at Hilltop Farm with it (no cameras allowed in Ms Potter's cottage as everything is how she left it before she fell off the perch). I cursed myself repeatedly (until OH told me to shut up about it) today as I wanted to travel light and as we have a room safe in our B&B in the Lakes District, I decided that as the weather is crap and rainy, I'd only take one lens and one camera didn't I? :(

Well this gorgeous robin redbreast perched on a fruit tree right near me and tweeted at me and my 17-70 wasn't quite long enough to fill the frame with the little fella. Got off a few shots, but only at 70mm zoom - dammit.

Note to self: Carry all lenses and quit whinging about sore back on walks next outing.

I also spotted 3 wild pheasants driving around the winding roads of the Lakes, in fact OH nearly hit one and had to swerve, but my camera was in the boot wasn't it. :love:

...I've taken photos of Edinburgh castle with it and one more castle ruin and today I took a shot of Beatrix Potter's cottage ...

er - and Greyfriar's Bobby? Good to hear you arrived okay and all. In the boot??!!!

Edit to remove feelings re camera in boot.

Edited by PossumCorner