Geelong Obedience Dog Club Obedience Trial Is Happening

Hi

The Geelong Obedience Dog Club Obedience trail is happening on the 26th & 27th July 2008.

Go to the following link to see the schedule

http://www.geocities.com/vicobedience/

GEELONG ODC Inc

Double Open Obedience Trials

Belmont Common, Breakwater Road, Breakwater Vic

Saturday 26/Sunday 27 July 2008

Entries: Eric Booth, 168 Mitchell Road, Avoca Vic 3467

Enries close: Friday 11 July 2008

If anyone is interested in stewarding on either one of both of the days please email me privately.

Wendy Ganly

Publicity Officer

Gellong Obeinece Dog Club Inc

Hi,

Is one entry form acceptable for each day? Ie: 1 form for AM & PM, indicating so.

Or do 4 seperate forms need to be filled out for the 4 trials?

I filled out 4 seperate entries, then heard the trial was cancelled- so put a big cross out on them :laugh:

Now it's back on, and Im now entering 2 dogs, so thought I would check what is acceptable before filling 8 of them out :rofl:

Thanks!

Hi

The Geelong Obedience Dog Club Obedience trail is happening on the 26th & 27th July 2008.

GEELONG ODC Inc

If anyone is interested in stewarding on either one of both of the days please email me privately.

Wendy Ganly

Publicity Officer

Gellong Obeinece Dog Club Inc

Hi

Thanks for your query

You will need to fill out 8 Entry Forms for the two dogs if you are entering them in each of the four trials.

It would also help if you added an AM or PM to the entries on the top right hand corner too. The Trail Secretaraty will find that very helpful when he sorting out the entries.

Hi,

I filled out 4 seperate entries, then heard the trial was cancelled- so put a big cross out on them :love:

Now it's back on, and Im now entering 2 dogs, so thought I would check what is acceptable before filling 8 of them out ;)

Thanks!

Hi

GEELONG ODC Inc

Wendy Ganly

Publicity Officer

Geeelong Obedience Dog Club Inc

Is there any cost involved in coming purely to spectate? Is it discouraged at this sort of event?

I live in the area, and am hoping to get a feel for the club before I get a dog next year, and thought a large meeting like this might be the way to go.

Is there any cost involved in coming purely to spectate? Is it discouraged at this sort of event?

I live in the area, and am hoping to get a feel for the club before I get a dog next year, and thought a large meeting like this might be the way to go.

Spectators are welcome and there is no cost. Each trial will usually run for a few hours so if you get there at lunch time there might not be too much happening. A good percentage of the competitors will not be from Geelong though, there will be people there from all over - it is a lot different to the normal Sunday classes, but at least you can see what trials are like if you are interested one day.

Just try not to eat right next to the rings where the dogs are working LOL. My first ever trial we had to walk a couple of feet away from people sitting ringside eating hamburgers, I s**t myself but luckily the dog just kept on going.

Hi

Thanks for your query

You will need to fill out 8 Entry Forms for the two dogs if you are entering them in each of the four trials.

It would also help if you added an AM or PM to the entries on the top right hand corner too. The Trail Secretaraty will find that very helpful when he sorting out the entries.

Hi,

I filled out 4 seperate entries, then heard the trial was cancelled- so put a big cross out on them :(

Now it's back on, and Im now entering 2 dogs, so thought I would check what is acceptable before filling 8 of them out :rofl:

Thanks!

Just another note for entering G'long's weekend trial... Don't forget to put the Day that the entry is for.. Unless they are doing the Trial A, B , C or D. This too will make it helpful for the trial secretary..

Have fun trialing

Hi Andanin

I look forward to seeing you at the trial. Make sure you look me up on the day/s I'll be running around here and there so ask someone on the verandah where I am, I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.

Thanks for explaination Helen, much appreciated

Kallistar, that was good thinking about adding the day or the A,B,C,D.

Hi Silverwilow

How's things going?

I haven't done any tracking with Gambit since the Workshop. The time I had the opportunity to get him doing corners my dogs were getting over Kennel Cough so I couldn't do anything. Ten days without taking them out for walks etc, it was very hard. I'd start to get ready and remember I couldn't take them anywhere.

There all fine now. Annabell was the worse, she coughed and coughed. I thought I would have to get another dose of antbiaotics but she came good on the last day. Mr Scotty had a few sniffles and Gambit had no reaction.

Bumping your trial!

Hi Gamby,

Glad to hear your dogs are recovering, nothing worse that ill puppies :)

My two are entered in TCV trail in July, Lyn K is handling them for me! I went down and did some training at Brimbank Park with her last weekend and the yellow dog is a little star!

Bumping your trial!

My two are entered in TCV trail in July, Lyn K is handling them for me! I went down and did some training at Brimbank Park with her last weekend and the yellow dog is a little star!

So glad to hear you have entered the July trial. I will be there too but not sure if I will enter Gambit.

Thanks also for bumping the trial info.

115 days to go, getting closer now

• 2 weeks later...

The GODC trial entries close on Friday 11th July, have you sent in your entries?

I have, Gambit is going to be a busy boy that weekend.

Send your entries off to Eric Booth, 168 Mitchell Road, Avoca 3467

• 2 weeks later...
Funny question, but what time does the Saturday morning session start? Can't wait to see the dogs (and owners) in action!

Both morning sessions comnmence at 9.30am. The afternoon session could start at about 1.30pm or an hour after the morning session has finished whichever comes first.

It's a great weekend to see some very good dogs do their stuff in the obedience ring.

I'll have a very busy weekend trialing Gambit in all four trials then on Monday morning very early off to Ballarat to lay some tracks for the Ballaarat Obedience Dog Club's Tracking Trial.

As well as making sure the Judges have stewards to help them with the important jobs like making sure the dog and handler are lined up, taking the leads, writing the scores on the board so that handlers can see how well or bad they did in the ring etc., etc.

There are a number of new Geelong Obedience Dog Club members who have offered to steward over the weekend. I'm sure they will get a lot out of being involved.

those of you who are coming along, I wish you success over the weekend

Wendy

Guest Clover

So how did everyone go today? goodluck for tomorrow if anyone is entered, i hope the weather holds out for you.