Are Prong Colars Illegal To Sell In Nsw?

Nope! You probably asked here because you can't find any legislation concerning their legaility. There is none. You need an import permit to buy them from overseas. The RSPCA can do you for animal cruelty if they deem fit. But no, they're not illegal.

this is the exact wording

However, your (s) violates eBay's Animals, Plants and Wildlife policy and has been removed. In accordance with our User Agreement, items prohibited by law or by eBay policy are not allowed on eBay. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Since the sale of live animals and wildlife products is in some cases prohibited, highly regulated, or may cause harm to eBay or its members, sellers are restricted in their listing of them on eBay.

Endangered or protected species, or any part of any endangered or protected species may not be listed on eBay.

So it's not that it's illegal to sell in NSW, rather it goes against e-bay's policies and therefore they won't allow you to sell it.

What size is it cos I'm looking for a new one? :thumbsup:

So it's not that it's illegal to sell in NSW, rather it goes against e-bay's policies and therefore they won't allow you to sell it.

What size is it cos I'm looking for a new one? :eek:

It sounds like they're referring to live animals/wildlife though to me.They allow e-collars and bark collars on ebay so why not a prong?

can go up to 71cm(person i got it from had a bullmastif)but you just remove the links to suit

Edited by 4 Paws

They allow e-collars and bark collars on ebay so why not a prong?

They allow e-collars from Australian suppliers? If the listings are overseas you can buy them but they'll get confiscated by customs on the way in. Same with e-bark collars.

What size is it cos I'm looking for a new one? :eek:

It sounds like they're referring to live animals/wildlife though to me.They allow e-collars and bark collars on ebay so why not a prong?

can go up to 71cm(person i got it from had a bullmastif)but you just remove the links to suit

Odd, but I guess they make the rules. I think the collar may be too big for my girl! I've got one that goes pretty big too but am looking for a smaller size! :)

It would have been because it would be deemed as 'causing harm' if the winning bidder, didnt know how to effectively work the 'prong' collar on their pet.

But lets say a check chain wouldnt?

Inconsistency in the rules....

They allow e-collars from Australian suppliers? If the listings are overseas you can buy them but they'll get confiscated by customs on the way in. Same with e-bark collars.

According to a bloke I spoke to in customs if they're dismantled and shipped in pieces they'll go through fine as you're allowed to import parts for them.

It was interesting talking to him actually, they're educated about restricted items, but the training on e-collars seems to date back to the 80's. He told me how cruel and horrible they are and no-one should electrocute their dog to train them so we had a 15-20 minute discussion about it :eek: I think he did learn something out of it too, seemed a lot less anti e-collar and a little more open minded :)

According to a bloke I spoke to in customs if they're dismantled and shipped in pieces they'll go through fine as you're allowed to import parts for them.

It was interesting talking to him actually, they're educated about restricted items, but the training on e-collars seems to date back to the 80's. He told me how cruel and horrible they are and no-one should electrocute their dog to train them so we had a 15-20 minute discussion about it :eek: I think he did learn something out of it too, seemed a lot less anti e-collar and a little more open minded :)

I knew they wern't allowed to be brought into Aust but didn't think i'd have this much dilema selling it.

how do the people selling the prongs(trainers etc)get them into Aust?Are they brought through in parts as well?

here's a bark collar listedhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dog-Bark-Control-Obedience-Training-Collar_W0QQitemZ250262146286QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20742QQssPage

NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem .I've seen other bark and e-collars on there as well.I actually won an e-collar a few months ago on ebay(for my parents as i already own one) but the seller(a new one)wouldn't go through with the sale because he didn't get the money he wanted for it.I reported him for it and was told that he did get a warning for doing that but the next day it was relisted and it was an e-collar and they didn't ban him from selling it.You would have thought that while investigating him for breeching the sale they would have noticed what the item was.

Mind you the idiot had it for starting big $150 or buy it now for $200(the 2nd time around)and stated in the description he wouldn't let it go for anything under $200,not sure why he has a start bid of $150 than

Like everything there 2 sets of rules

K9: It is a Federal offence if you import restricted goods without a permit, even in parts.

Ebay are wankers when it comes to prongs.

They won't let you list them because they can't stop someone in NSW from using them...

They sell sharp swords so I ask how they manage to stop people from stabbing other people and they ignored me -.-