Should This Be Ok To Feed?

We have decided to give raw feeding a go. I unfortunately can't find a meat that has all the offal in it as well, although I have found a company that has the steak and kidney in 20kg lots (which I am picking up tomorrow).

I am adding to this steak and kidney the Vets All Natural Complete Mix. As well as getting bones a few times a week (chicken necks, carcasses and meaty bones).

Does this sound like a fair go for them? :laugh:

Im assuming the steak is beef? Beef can cause skin irritations in dogs and should be avoided. I feed it to mine occasionally if that is the easiest bone to get hold of in a moment of "wtf am I going to feed the dogs tonight?" but if I feed it more than a few times in a row they start scratching all the time.

I feed the offal as a separate meal. Each week I feed bones 2x, meat 4x, and organs 1x. I usually buy liver or kidneys from the supermarket and feed it to them as is. If they don't like the taste at first I mix it with some yoghurt, tuna, egg, mince, pretty much anything that they do like until they get used to the taste. Then you will find most start to love it :laugh:

Kiki - Pet cafe??

If so, then it is roo steak and kidney - no beef.

I just buy a few bits of offal from woolies when I do my grocery shop - keep a stack in the freezer. That way you can get a few different types of offal. They're cheap too :laugh:

Pet Cafe only have the Vets All Natural in the roo packs (which is $6/kg).

Supreme Pet Meats have Chicken, Roo, Beef, Chicken & Roo, Beef Chicken & Roo, and Steak which I am presuming is beef) & Kidney. Ranging up to $60 for 20kg at the most expensive. Would chicken (being the cheapest of the meats) be ok for using (with the mix?) Or should I go the Roo or mix of Chicken and Roo?

I will be buying the Vets All Natural Complete Mix 5kg for $50 from Pet Cafe.

Thanks for that, I'll just grab some liver and offal from Woolies next time I'm there.

I wouldn't be feeding the offal every day. Most people will tell you that the bones are the most important part of a RAW diet and these bones need to be ones that can be totally consumed. So chicken bones and lamb bones are great.

I feed a BARF diet:

MONDAY

Chicken Necks

Slops

TUESDAY

Fish

Slops

WEDNESDAY

Chicken Necks

Yoghurt

Slops

THURSDAY

Bone

Kangaroo

Slops

FRIDAY

Chicken Necks

Offal

Slops

SATURDAY

Bone

Beef or Lamb

Slops

SUNDAY

Beef or Lamb or Kangaroo or Fish

Slops

Umm I have no idea what slops is!!! :D Can only imagine! Can you please advise!

:cry::(

Veggies and fruit put through the blender so they are slops.

Things I always include:

- container of alfala spouts

- bunch of spinach (roots cut off)

- 1 to 2 green capsicums (stalk cut off & seeds out)

- 1 to 2 red caspsicums (stalk cut off & seeds removed)

- bag of carrots

- bunch of celary

- 4 zuccinis

- 3 to 4 oranges (peeled)

- 1 pumpkin (seeds removed)

- 2 to 4 apples (pips taken out)

- 2 to 4 bannanas (peeled)

- 8 to 10 eggs (whole including shell)

- flaxseed oil (approx 250mL)

- kelp (approx 100g)

What else you can put in:

- bunch of silverbeet

- turnip

- squash

- sweet potato

- 2 to 4 pears

- half to 1 pinapple

- brussel sprouts

- brocoli

- cauliflower

- bag of beans

- Apple Cider Vinegar

- Vitamin C

Chop up then process up in blender/food processor so that things turn to slops. Put each blender batch into a big bucket. Usually leave the eggs & flaxseed oil for things that don't blend very well like the pumpkin and carrots. Ingredients should fill up a bucket. Mix bucket with big ladel till all mixed through then put into take away containers & freeze untill needed.