Best Product To Wash Puppy With?

Hi all,

Just wondering what people's thoughts on best shampoo and conditioner for puppies are.

We are the proud new owners of the most perfect black and white cocker pup and we would like to bath him but just want to make sure we use the right stuff.

Years ago for my rotty i used to use Wool Wash and it worked great, is it suitable for puppies.

Thank in advance.

Damon.

No, dogs aren't sheep :D

I would use Aloveen. If you do a DOL search on this product you will see it's very popular especially with pups. The Leave In Conditioner is great for keeping tangles at bay too. Soap free and a very mild product.

Firstly i would recommend using a shampoo and conditioner that is for dogs. Anything mild (Aloveen is a good one), soap free and Ph balanced (Ph of 7 for dogs) are also good things to look out for when picking a shampoo. As you have a coated breed i would strongly recommend you follow with a conditioner to help maintain the coat. :D

We use Aloveen and a whitening shampoo (plush puppy) on Zero (depending on the time of year) - If you don't need the extra white i would definitely use aloveen. It's very mild and gives the coat a nice shine.

Edited by ~*Shell*~

the best cleansers I have used and tested before for dogs of all age is non-chemical, plant base organic grade type. The are very cleaning, washes easily, not a lot of foam and is very gentle to the skin and coat. The only setback is the cost.