Any Grooming Suggestions?

Hey All

My dog Boss has a thinker coat then Bella, and he losses sooooo much hair it's ridiculous :laugh: . I brush him and brush him (i think the brush i have is really useless)

Does anyone have the same problem? and can suggest a fantastic brush!

Also the dog hair on the lounge and mat drives me crazy it takes me a hour to clean it all and there is STILL hair left behind. Does anyone know of a miracle invention that can help me?

Hey All

My dog Boss has a thinker coat then Bella, and he losses sooooo much hair it's ridiculous :rofl: . I brush him and brush him (i think the brush i have is really useless)

Also the dog hair on the lounge and mat drives me crazy it takes me a hour to clean it all and there is STILL hair left behind. Does anyone know of a miracle invention that can help me?

There is indeed a miracle invention: :laugh::rofl:

The Furminator - http://www.furminator.com

http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....at&catId=18

Works a treat on my cat - the amount of hair it removes is insane! Much more effective than a slicker.

Note: If coat appearence is important - you own a cocker spaniel for example - I'd be wary. But if you normally clip your dog anyway... It's probably ideal.

Edited by Luke W

If its for a ridge that i assume it is from your signature id suggest a pair of disposable gloves like the ones vets use wet them while hearing let them dry a bit them rub your hands with the grain of the fur... youd be amased the amount of hair that gets out. Its not like plucking it just sticks to the gloves and comes out!

http://www.marsgroomingproducts.com.au/sho...fault.asp?CID=1 Perhaps call this lady - really nice and helpful!

Also have you tried a sticky roller to take away fur? There is a super strenght one I got from Big W!

Thanks I must go and get one to try out on the mat. IT DRIVES ME INSANE!!!!! soooo much hair. And it makes the house smell if I don't clean it 3 times a week.

Hey All

My dog Boss has a thinker coat then Bella, and he losses sooooo much hair it's ridiculous :rofl: . I brush him and brush him (i think the brush i have is really useless)

There is indeed a miracle invention: :laugh::rofl:

The Furminator - http://www.furminator.com

http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....at&catId=18

Works a treat on my cat - the amount of hair it removes is insane! Much more effective than a slicker.

Note: If coat appearence is important - you own a cocker spaniel for example - I'd be wary. But if you normally clip your dog anyway... It's probably ideal.

OMG!!! THEY ARE THE BEST!!!! But sooo expensive. For a Ridgeback do you think I would get away with a medium sized one seen how they don't have really really long hair???? Thanks for letting me know!!!

If its for a ridge that i assume it is from your signature id suggest a pair of disposable gloves like the ones vets use wet them while hearing let them dry a bit them rub your hands with the grain of the fur... youd be amased the amount of hair that gets out. Its not like plucking it just sticks to the gloves and comes out!

That sounds interesting... you do mean wipe the glove on the dog? I will give that a go as well, that might even work on the mat!!! Thanks

I use a rubber grooming mitt on our dog, cat and lounge. It does a pretty good job on the dog and an awesome job on the cat and is fabulous for removing hair from furniture. Cheap too....so maybe get one just for the upholstery?

I use a rubber grooming mitt on our dog, cat and lounge. It does a pretty good job on the dog and an awesome job on the cat and is fabulous for removing hair from furniture. Cheap too....so maybe get one just for the upholstery?

That sounds good too where do you purchase one from?

What about a Shedding blade?

Works great with the pugs.

I have never herd of one of them they look weird! A LOT cheaper then the FURminatior's

They are kind of like a hacksaw blade twisted into an oval shape with an handle attached. Pugs shed constantly and I have been through many different types of hair removal things but the shedding blade is what works best.

The Furminators are fantastic - I have one for the GSD and the cat and it is amazing just how much fur continues to come out. We use one of those sticky rollers (got ours from IKEA) for the furniture and clothes and it works a treat too.

Love Clipperworld but we got the furminators from the US and they were much cheaper than any I could find in Australia - like just over half the price even with freight. Not sure what they would be now with the exchange rate and all but probably worth a look.

The Furminators are fantastic - I have one for the GSD and the cat and it is amazing just how much fur continues to come out. We use one of those sticky rollers (got ours from IKEA) for the furniture and clothes and it works a treat too.

Love Clipperworld but we got the furminators from the US and they were much cheaper than any I could find in Australia - like just over half the price even with freight. Not sure what they would be now with the exchange rate and all but probably worth a look.

My wife makes me stop 'furminating' the cat...I'd keep going till she was bald if I had my way!

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::eek:

I can vouch for the furminator! Last year while Zero was blowing his coat we had tumbleweeds of hair for about 6 weeks. This year (post furminator) that time is cut in half and i don't have to vaccuum everyday!

ETA: I got mine off ebay for like $40.... a lot cheaper than the $90 i've seen them advertised for!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Hey All

My dog Boss has a thinker coat then Bella, and he losses sooooo much hair it's ridiculous :laugh: . I brush him and brush him (i think the brush i have is really useless)

Try the FURminator!! BEST BRUSH around!!! I'd put money on it. XD