Itchy Around Eyes

Sounds like an allergic reaction to something.

You could try giving him a Claratyne tablet (human antihistamine). If my lot get itchie that's what they get and it works a treat.

Our 13yo lab bitch recently began to exhibit very similar symptoms except that the skin around her eyes started to darken rather than go pink, as if her eyes were weeping. We thought it was an allergy too. In any case, the vet diagnosed it as sarcoptic (fox) mange and we've since had to treat all 6 of our dogs. My advice is keep an eye on it and see your vet if you are unsure.

Good luck,

w2s

Edited by woody2shoes

Our 13yo lab bitch recently began to exhibit very similar symptoms except that the skin around her eyes started to darken rather than go pink, as if her eyes were weeping. We thought it was an allergy too. In any case, the vet diagnosed it as sarcoptic (fox) mange and we've since had to treat all 6 of our dogs. My advice is keep an eye on it and see your vet if you are unsure.

Good luck,

w2s

I would be a bit concerned re mange also. It could be the start of the classic 'spectacle' look. Get it checked by a vet if at all unsure.