Robert Mcdowell's Kennel Cough Mixture

Alison

I have been giving this mixture for a few days now and it is working very nicely. I have been using a syringe to squirt it into their mouths but they are hating it. It has such a strong taste and I imagine it's not pleasent having it squirted in their mouths. I tried to call Robert but no one is there today. Can i mix it with their food? This would be so much easier. Or is there some other way i can get them to take it?

The standard directions for humans clients (ie what we write on the bottles) is for it to be taken with water or juice - it needs to be diluted so that people will take it (otherwise it just often tastes toooo strong! and tinctures are more often than not on an alcohol base).... its done this way so that absorption into the body can easily begin to occur through the mouth right from the start....

The way were were trained is that yes there is always an "ideal" way of doing things however the most important thing is that the patient (4 legs or 2) complies and actually takes the tincture to begin with,

When I'm treating those with 4 legs I either dilute it into their drinking water (if the flavour is mild enough) or mix into food - it makes compliance sooo much higher..... If there is something that I want to directly administer I make sure I have a high flavour treat on hand and pop that in right after the mixture is administered.....

Fiona

edited for spelling and cause I sounded wayyy too formal in the first paragraph

Edited by FionaC

Thanks very much. I wasn't even treating as i thought i might have to keep it away from all food. I'll get some tasty liver out and that should keep them happy. The poor babies, its bad enough being sick without feeling like Mum is trying to kill you as well :laugh: