Need A Bark Control Collar

Situation: I have a puppy I bred being returned to me (my first one :rolleyes: ) and he's being returned due to destructive habits and barking -- both issues due to not enough stimulation. He will be staying with me for at least a few months so that I can train him but I have a very picky neighbour on one side and can not wait for him to learn, I must not have any barking immediately.

I've got a thread in the marketplace to hopefully borrow or buy a second-hand one.

I've only ever used a citronella collar to try and control excessive barking but that didn't work in the slightest with that dog, so I'm hesitant to go that method again. I believe the other methods are sounds, ultrasonic vibrations, cold air jet or electric.

Comments on what is the most likely to work in any situation?

Recommendations on brands/models (remembering that I will probably only use this for this one dog for a few months)?

Perhaps this one: http://www.dreamdog.com.au/canipulse.php

Edited by molasseslass

Citronella collars (i've only recently learnt) aren't the best - though i would recommend consulting a professional before you go and buy or rent an e-collar.

If you haven't used them before, finding the point where the dog recieves a correction can be hard. I'm sure there will be some people along soon who will be able to point you in the right direction state wise, but if you want to know more, have a look at the k9 force website there are some fact sheets on there about e-collars and steve i think only has a couple of kinds (the ones he considers the best) for sale on his website.

Excellent, thanks for the info Varicool!

No problem they work, we have used them for the odd rescue dog. Go down to the Pound they hire them from their :-)

Edited by varicool