R I P Max

Kirty

My grandparents beautiful old Dobe was PTS this week at the grand old age of 13. He was my grandfather's pride and joy. Max was one of a litter of just two pups, and my grandparents were lucky enough to get to meet him when he was only a few weeks old. They maintained a great relationship with his breeder and when they went away, Max would stay with her. He survived a horrific accident when he was young after he crashed into a tree chasing a ball at full speed. He compacted his spine and it was touch and go for a while, but they never gave up on him. It took a long time for him to recover, but eventually he was pretty close to his original self. He loved chasing a ball and even up until last week, he was still going for a romp in the park. Every morning at 6am my grandfather would get up and take Max for a walk to get the paper. As he got more stiff, he would drive him to the park instead. Last week, Max didn't want to go for his walk. He could hardly walk and was very wobbly. They knew it was time to let him go.

He was never a show dog, never won any obedience trials, but he was just a wonderful dog. So loyal, so affectionate and so gorgeous. RIP Max.

ETA: I managed to get this video of Max when I visited my grandparents earlier this year. He just adored my grandfather. :laugh:

Edited by Kirty