The Orijen Poll

Orijen Dog Food  

20 members have voted

1. 1. I started feeding my dog Orijen and I noticed:

• My dogs' condition is much improved.
    • My dog now has food related symptoms e.g. gut sounds, gas, that he/she never had before.
    • My dog has the food related symptoms above but they are no worse than when on a carb/protein kibble.
  2. 2. My dog had food allergies and when feeding Orijen:

• I can see improvement.
    • I can't see any improvement.
    • N/A
  3. 3. Now that I am feeding Orijen my dog seems:

• More energetic - in a good way.
    • Same as before.
    • Totally hyperactive and driving me nuts!!

Is it possible to add an N/A to the questions so that those that are not feeding Orijen can enter something and see the poll results? I'm not feeding Orijen at present but may consider it so would love to the the poll numbers. Thanks :eek:

Darcy has gut issues so I switched him over from EP Holistic Duck & Oatmeal to Orijen. No problems with the change over, he seems to prefer it. I feed it in a combination with raw. Haven't noticed any increase in sloppy poos or more vomitting (just his usual amount that is not indicative of diet).

Both dogs are doing well on it - shiny coats etc.

I attempted to reply, but tried to leave out the allergies 1 as this was not an issue for mine but it won't let me respond without answering that so maybe an n/a there would be helpful? I ended up not responding as if I said improved condition it inflates the result artificially.

My experience has been that Jazz, the hyperactive skinny 1 has finally got some condition on :) Piper and Jessi get fed a fraction less than they used to and the coat condition on all 3 is great, but were already pretty good. I feed it in conjunction with Raw. For Jessi and Piper it would be less than 50% of their diet, for Jazz she gets it for breakfast every morning and then a main meal about twice a week, so a bit over 50% of her diet.

No noticable energy difference in any of them. Jessi still sleeps all day, Jazz - well as mentioned above she was alrady hyperactive and no noticable change there, Piper may possibly be a bit more active but she has also had an injury and had chiro treatment a few weeks ago so that could be the reason for slight increase in activity - she feels better.

Definitely nothing to complain about witb Orijen from me, and the price is comparible to Eagle Pack Holistic but without the grains so I will continue to use it. And shortly I will start cutting Jazz's breakfasts out and getting her back to 1 meal so Origen will be about 40% of the diet for all of them.