Photo Challenge 3: 26 Sept - 9 Oct [extended By A Week!]

ruthless

What ashanali sead re histograms is the best way (I think) of seeing if you've got your exposure right. I used my histogam info to view shots I took on holiday, that and if the highlights starting buzzing at me, I dialed in some exposure comp.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep coming in here meaning to say how much I like those pics tadpole, especially the first one

glad I'm not the only photo5 obsessive :cheers:

I hope these challenges keep going, I've been getting really into them ... this is how much ...

chairme02.jpg

Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL

Tv (Shutter Speed) 25

Av (Aperture Value) 5.6

ISO Speed 200

Taken in my backyard a bit after sunset deliberately to use a slower shutter speed, lighting was from my kitchen and dining room windows. Tried a few things before I finally got what I was after. I can see it isn't the most artistic or creative photo but it was purely for practising a different technique. What do you think this sort of exposure could be used for with a better effect? hmm maybe a sunset beach or something behind? The point is to get a nice see-through action effect, so it's pretty pointless without a good background, yeh?

I used a tripod and the timer, clicked the button, waited to the count of 6 or so before I ran in and sat on the chair, waited for the count of 6 and fell to the side, held myself up off the ground with an outstretched arm, again for the count of 6 and finally fell and lay on the ground for another 6 or until the shutter had finished.

Chester got involved a couple of the tries ... wondering what I was doing and he had to join in :)

I keep coming in here meaning to say how much I like those pics tadpole, especially the first one

glad I'm not the only photo5 obsessive :thumbsup:

I hope these challenges keep going, I've been getting really into them ... this is how much ...

chairme02.jpg

Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL

Tv (Shutter Speed) 25

Av (Aperture Value) 5.6

ISO Speed 200

Taken in my backyard a bit after sunset deliberately to use a slower shutter speed, lighting was from my kitchen and dining room windows. Tried a few things before I finally got what I was after. I can see it isn't the most artistic or creative photo but it was purely for practising a different technique. What do you think this sort of exposure could be used for with a better effect? hmm maybe a sunset beach or something behind? The point is to get a nice see-through action effect, so it's pretty pointless without a good background, yeh?

I used a tripod and the timer, clicked the button, waited to the count of 6 or so before I ran in and sat on the chair, waited for the count of 6 and fell to the side, held myself up off the ground with an outstretched arm, again for the count of 6 and finally fell and lay on the ground for another 6 or until the shutter had finished.

Chester got involved a couple of the tries ... wondering what I was doing and he had to join in :thumbsup:

Very cool, I truly admire the truly organic approach you took rather than digital trickery. :thumbsup::)