Behaviour, Is This Marking?

Rainy

Hi i was wondering if diesel is learning to sent mark? Diesel sleeps in our laundry we always have had newspaper in there for him to toilet on but he hasent even used that for a about 4 months because he holds on till i let him out of a morning, on friday i did a masive clean of the tiles in our house inculding the laundry i scrubed them and the grout with bleach. Saturday morning hubby got up to let him out and found diesel had peed in 3 corners of the laundry and right in front of his bed not on the newspaper hubby was slightly cranky with him said baahh (our no word) sent diesel outside and cleaned the floor again (with bleach and pine o clean). I got up this morning (sun) and he has done it again!

Diesel has had a pretty rough week and a half first he was dignosed with mite on his cheest and is on weekly injections he has no 3 on tuesday and not last thur but the one before we had an attempted break in and he was hurt ( the vet thinks he was kicked)

dose any of this explain why he would start peeing in the laundry again? thanks in advance

If you are using pine-o-cleen, you are effectively 'peeing' in the corners yourself- and he will instinctively try and cover the scent.

Most of those cleaners are ammonia based, so do smell a bit like urine to animals .

Oh- and unless you catch him peeing..actually DOING it- sending him outside will just confuse him, and may make him fearful.

He may indeed still be stressed after his fright on Thursday.... take things slow and easy....

Personally, I only use white vinegar diluted with water for general tile cleaning; anything with amonia smells like wee to dogs, eventhough we humans only pick up whatever artificial fragrance is mixed with it (Lemon, pine etc....),

When it comes to cleaning a specific spot where the dog has weed, I got some urine-off from my local petbarn. Apparenly this removes all smells, even the subtle ones we do not pick up...