Sony Alpha A200 Slr

EISHUND

Hey All,

I'm looking at getting a new camera & this one has caught my eye.

Has anyone heard anything about this camera?

Thanks in Advance! :rolleyes:

Hi Luvmy white shep

I have been looking around and reading up on cameras as i want to buy one soon.

The sony a200slr was what I thought was looking like the camera to buy. Then all

the talk of cannon and nickon I am ever so confused once again.

So good luck

regards

Iamgoldn

Hey All,

I'm looking at getting a new camera & this one has caught my eye.

Has anyone heard anything about this camera?

Thanks in Advance! :rolleyes:

Hi Luvmy white shep

I have been looking around and reading up on cameras as i want to buy one soon.

The sony a200slr was what I thought was looking like the camera to buy. Then all

the talk of cannon and nickon I am ever so confused once again.

So good luck

regards

Iamgoldn

I don't have the Sony alpha, but have the Konika Minolta 5D which was the predecessor and have had no problems at all other than the flash - but I caused that when the camera got dropped :rofl:. The flash wasn't great anyway and when I got quotes for repairs it was around the ame price as an external flash so I got 1 of those instead.

For action shots I have had no problems. And when I did my research, which was several years ago now, the kit lenses rated better than the kit lenses for canon and nikon. And I knew it woul be awhile before I could afford to upgrade the glass (and at the time did not realise just what a big diference it can make!) Until recently it was harder to get other lenses for it but there is an increasing range of sony, sigma, tokina lenses available for it. I bought a sigma 24 - 135mm f2.8 for it this year (while the $$ was strong) and definitely notice the difference with the faster lens. But saying that I still use the kit 70 - 300mm quite a bit as I often want the extra reach. So when the dollar impoves I will be looking to upgarde that lens as well.

:birthday::(

:p :mad

:rofl: Righty Rugerfly, which Nikon should I looksy at, got a budget of only around $1000. ;)

efs

D80 all the way!

http://www.quikshop.com.au/nikon-digital-c-58_274_293.html - Body only but lenses start from around $100 depending on what you want.....

However, this is a pretty good deal for the D60

http://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/nikond60.htm

$1055 including 2 great VR lenses (I have them both for my D80).

Careful with some of the kits though as they give the non-VR lenses for the same price as the camera and a VR lens at other shops... I ended up ordering body from one and lenses from d-d-photographics!

Don't let the shops intimidate you about warranties either... at the end of the day all repairs go to Nikon Sydney or the Nikon factory if they can't fix it!

Good luck

Andrew

Lotsa ppl say the D80 is a decent camera. Go to the nikon site and scroll through prices rrp's etc... A D200, perhaps, i think thats what Rocknralph bought. Those weird Cannon ppl also seem to like that eos range...

Yep I bought a Nikon D200. But to be really honest, unless you know how to work the camera to get the best out of it, it's not worth it. I started with a D40x and it was great. My D200 is very cool but it is frustrating when you are a bit of a knob trying to learn it. :birthday: Prob defeating the purpose in flicking it on "p" and going at it large. Where the D40-D90 are just as good for snapping around and easy to use. Plus they are small and compact. The D200, D300 and D3 are big and heavy. Those D3 are super flash. Ruger you have a D3 don't you?

I love my D200 but was very happy with my cheap D40x as well.

Best advice I got was: put your money into the lens..... or as people call it "glass" :p .... that is were you will see the difference.

I have heard those Sonys are very good but that was from a camera retail assistance and some of them don't know their ass from their elbow. :mad

Thinking about it, I remember now 1 of the reasons I went the Konika Minolta (Sony took over manufacvutring of the cameras about 3 months later) and that was at the time they were the only body in the price range with the anti shake feature in the body. The Canon and Nikon you had to get the lenses with it, which meant paying more for them. Not sure if that is still the case?

Yep I bought a Nikon D200. But to be really honest, unless you know how to work the camera to get the best out of it, it's not worth it. I started with a D40x and it was great. My D200 is very cool but it is frustrating when you are a bit of a knob trying to learn it.

yeah, I'm thinking that might be my problem. This will be my 1st SLR, so I'm thinking the KISS method might apply.

(Keep It Simple Stupid) :rolleyes:

Hmmm, so much to think about.. I just want to take beautiful pictures :laugh:

I still cant take beautiful pictures :confused:

:o

I have put this camera on lay by so i can give more info when i get it :laugh::love:

this will be my first slr

Cool, can't wait to hear what it's like..

I chickened out after doing a photo session with my dog Myah & my old crappy camera. She would not sit still, I had to keep grabbing her, dropped the camera, no myah, don't chase the swan, down, camera goes flying. :)

So I grabbed a Fuji Finepix S2000fd ... point & shoot, and cheap enough that I wont get upset if I break it :):laugh: Get's delivered tomorrow. :D

Edited by LuvMyWhiteShep