Groomers

Kyra

I'll be after a groomer in about 2 weeks time to clip my Shih Tzu and was hoping someone could recommend someone good?

I'll be wanting him clipped nicely for summer as he gets very hot just pottering about the house. Would also like him to be bathed.

Local to Osborne Park would be nice:) also what is the usual cost for something like that?

ETA he has a skin issue.. do groomers usually have a shampoo/conditioner suitable or do you need to take your own a long?

Edited by Kyra

Yep i agree you will want to book ahead esp at this time of the year, it all good and well you want your dog done in 2weeks doesnt mean to say any good groomers will have time to do it then but. I always say a busy salon is a good salon, i would be weary of anyone who can take your dog in at short notice there is normally a reason for that.

As far as skin issues go, depending but somthing medicated like Malaseb or soothing like an oatmeal/ aloe vera shampoo is in order, discuss with the groomer on the phone when making the booking, again good groomers will have a range of shampoos on hand for your dogs needs.

Good Luck- Dont forget to post some pics of his new do!

Sorry :)

I didn't realise groomers had bookings planned weeks in advance. This is my first dog with a coat that needs to be groomed so I'm still learning ;)

I'll start phoning around tomorrow then :laugh:

Sorry :p

I didn't realise groomers had bookings planned weeks in advance. This is my first dog with a coat that needs to be groomed so I'm still learning :p

I'll start phoning around tomorrow then :rofl:

If you are happy with the groomer you find i suggest you book your next appointment at the same time.

80% of our clients book for the next 12 months

Yesterday & today has been a nightmare on the phone with the hot weather

Sorry :p

I didn't realise groomers had bookings planned weeks in advance. This is my first dog with a coat that needs to be groomed so I'm still learning :p

Its also worse this time of year because its so close to christmas. Everyone wants their dogs looking nice this time of the year.

Sorry :rofl:

I didn't realise groomers had bookings planned weeks in advance. This is my first dog with a coat that needs to be groomed so I'm still learning :rofl:

Its also worse this time of year because its so close to christmas. Everyone wants their dogs looking nice this time of the year.

Nah, that happens at Christmas, not October. Everyone rings up the week before needing their dog done on the 24th. Talk about last minute preparations for the dog :thumbsup: